Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

To anyone familiar with the AOPA Commander 112A. Help !...

Guest ecv737

I have never been able to get any Intruments in the 2 EFIS included in the panel.Everything else is OK , but I have to fly with the auxiliary instruments.What am I doing wrong? I downloaded the patched version of this AOPA addon done by Flight1(from the AOPA site I think).Could it be a bad install?Another question, where in the AOPA web page does one gets tech support. I have looked but only find references to the AOPA Commander sweepstakes.I would appreciate your cooperation and help.Edmundo CardenasCaracas, VenezuelaSystem:Alienware Area 51 Laptop 17" Screen, Intel P4, 3.6 Mhz2 GB Ram, 2X60 Gigas HD 7200rpmViewsonic VX900 19" LCD flatpanel 2nd monitorLogitek THX 5.1 surround sound speakersNVidia GeForce GO 6800 256MB video cardCreative Sound Blaster USB Audigy 2 NXeDimensional Audio FX headsetSaitek Cyborg 3D Rumble Force Joy StickCH USB Yoke and Pedals

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpgProud Pilot of Meridian VA

Guest shanwick

EdmundoI no longer fly this aircraft as the glass cockpit reduces the smoothness of the simulator for me.However, as far as I can remember there is a switch on one of the pop up panels which allows you to turn on the EFIS panels. It is with the switches which turn on the nav lights etc.As far as support is concerned I don't think AOPA will help you. Try the Flight 1 forums as they were the developers of the aircraft.Hope this helps you.David

Hi.Load your Default / Meigs Cessna 172 flight first.Try to start in 2D at KPSP, default flight, then switch to VC. The Glass instrument should be On by default. The Manual may help on how to use it. No help from AOPA or Flight1. It's a problem child. TV

Had the same problem, especially starting with a cold cockpit. EVen the switch wouldn't turn them on. With little or no support the A/C is a nice waste of time, IMHO. Delete it and go back to enjoying flying.Visit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest shanwick

>Hi.>Load your Default / Meigs Cessna 172 flight first.>Try to start in 2D at KPSP, default flight, then switch to VC.There is no need to load the default C172 flight first. I NEVER load this. I can say with absolute certainty that the EFIS in the AOPA Commander works perfectly OK without loading any default flights first. If it does not work for anyone else then maybe there is a problem with your system somewhere.David

You all may not be aware of it, but Flight1 has released an update to the Commander, to version 1.1. You can download it from the same location as the original download. The update has done wonders for my frame rates with the plane and I haven't had any problems with the EFIS not coming on since installing the update.

> With little or>no support the A/C is a nice waste of time, IMHO. Delete it>and go back to enjoying flying.Your statment is ridiculous and totally unfounded.We have always supported the Commander and anything else we develop.Jim

Guest Knikolaes

I never had issues with this aircraft and frankly this Commander blows FSD's version completely out of the water. I lvoe it.I never had any issues or trouble at all with the AC< but many thanks for the tip on the update. Even when I don't have issues I install updates and just installed this one :-)By the way - this Commander is absolutely free and is very good quality for a freeware product. Not sure what everyone was expecting, but I was rather shocked by the amount of negativity aimed at AOPA and Flight1 in this thread. If it were a commercial product that you paid cash for, I'd understand, but as i said before, this is an awesome plane. The avionics are great and it handles beautifully. I appreciate AOPA and Flight1 for this wonderful gift they have given us to support AOPA.

Hi Christopher,Thank you very much. I appreciate your comments.However, even if it was a payware aircraft, we have supported this title as well as anything else we do so I would have to disagree with understanding negativity toward the product. Despite what a few may say, it has been virtually trouble free. It really is quite a nice little package that stands up as well as almost anything out there and has many comprehensive avionics in it.We and AOPA are very pleased with the end result.Jim

Guest beana51

I too second that. This is a fine rendition of a great plane about to be awarded to some very lucky individual.Namely me!!:-cool The update has made an improvement.What its doing for me is,making me aware that anyone attempting to navigate this plane will need extensive navigation ground school.Probley as much as to fly the Commander. As it is,on the ground,it can be a great training tool, for introduction to "Glass" cockpits.In the air, you may need a "looking" copilot. Lest the ground come up and smyth thee!!I thank those people who put this plane together.While its 'Free" to AOPA members,a similar model would bring bucks out there.. The currant issue of AOPA,has a feature story on this plane. "OFF WE GO..." VIN AOPA#00702299

Guest allcott

Can't help you with the lockups but I can tell you that most sophisticated addons for FS produced by Flight 1 have the express advice to ALWAYS LOAD THE 2D PANEL FIRST emblazoned across the readmes.Now you know why, but I don't know why it isn't written in BIG RED LETTERS in the Commander manual! As general advice always load the 2d panel first.Allcott

Hi, Allcott.>Can't help you with the lockups but I can tell you that most sophisticated addons for FS produced by Flight 1 have the express advice to ALWAYS LOAD THE 2D PANEL FIRST emblazoned across the readmes.