Sign in to follow this  
Attilio

Activation problem (FSX-steam)

Saturday night I sent a ticket and they told me to try again because it was a temporary problem. I tried again dozens of times but nothing.

Yesterday I sent a second ticket and was told this:

"This error That means something between your computer and our servers is actually blocking the activation window's connection attempt. The activation window attempts to connect to port 8888 on license.precisionmanuals.com.

There are a few possible sources of this That you can look for:

1. A software firewall or router is blocking the connection on your computer or network. In the case of the software firewall, you need to allow the PMDG activation utility through (It Should Appear in your list of blocked applications if this is the cause). In the case of the hardware router, you'll need to find it in the section labeled "port forwarding" or something similar - all routers are different and I can not give exact instructions - check its manual. You want to forward port 8888 to your computer's local IP on the router's network - this is usually you something like 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.100 etc Depending on how your router is September to assign IP addresses.

Here is a video That shows you how to find your computer's IP LAN:

2. Your Internet Service Provider is blocking port 8888 at the origination point for your connection inside Their servers. This is very common if you're using a connection that's on a university or corporate network. If this is the case, you can probably call Their IT support department (assuming installing an entertainment / game product is even something you're allowed to do on the network) and ask them to open That port for you know That you can install. Just tell them you need to be incendio make connections to "license.precisionmanuals.com on port 8888" to activate the software to install - they'll know what That means.

3. There may be a problem in the wider Internet such as a failed backbone routers that's Preventing you from reaching our servers. If you can not reach the PMDG main website or store as well, there's a good chance this is the issue. There's really nothing That can be done about this unfortunately - it's completely out of either side's hands - you'll just have to wait for the problem to be fixed.

Here are a few possible workarounds we've seen other users successfully use:

to. If your computer is a laptop, take it to a place That has a different internet connection / network - we've had people go to coffee shops and other places with free WiFi That outside of a campus or corporate network and get it to successfully activate That way.

b. If you have a smartphone or tablet such as an iPad or an iPhone or Android device, there's usually you a way to "tether" your computer to the device's cellular Internet connection. We've had users report success by doing this - the device will be on a separate ISP's network and Should not have the same issue blocked the one attached to the computer's normally has.

Once you get it activated, You Should not need to make the connection again the unless you change the system's hardware in a major way (motherboard, CPU, GPU, etc). "

I checked the firwall and there was no rule which binds the connection to the server.

I tried using another network but nothing.

I reinstalled everything and the problem persists ......

I sent a new ticket and still no one responded. THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS !!!!

Why do I have problems to activate a product that I have already paid !!!!!

Anyone have any ideas?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I checked the firwall and there was no rule which binds the connection to the server.
I tried using another network but nothing.

Did you try another network outside of your house?

I reinstalled everything and the problem persists ......

You were not asked to do this. If you received the "activation server is unreachable," then there's nothing a reinstall is going to do to fix your connection between yourself and our server.

I sent a new ticket and still no one responded. THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS !!!!

I was literally just in the queue and I don't recall seeing any follow up response. I could have looked up the ticket history by your name if you had been following the rules here in the forum by including your name in your post. It isn't a 24/7 support desk. We're not that big of a company. Sometimes you'll need to wait a bit.

Why do I have problems to activate a product that I have already paid !!!!!

Because you have a problem on your computer, or on your network connection. There's nothing we can do to fix that for you. We can help you fix it, which is what we've been doing as part of answering your tickets and your posts.

In any case, again: this is a problem with your computer, or your internet connection. We can help you fix it, but you'll also need to be patient and follow what we ask you to do.

In the meantime, can you access our website at www.precisionmanuals.com?

I apologize if it appeared aggressive but after trying for four days I feel also quite frustrated because everything worked perfectly.

In any case I have no problem to connect on the site www.precisionmanuals.com

I apologize if it appeared aggressive but after trying for four days I feel also quite frustrated because everything worked perfectly.

In any case I have no problem to connect on the site www.precisionmanuals.com

I can understand the frustration, but understand that we want you to have your software working as much as you do.

Did you try on a network outside of your house?

Did you try tethering to your phone?

Did you check the firewall on your router and not just in Windows?

Again: full names - first and last - in the forum, please.