Sign in to follow this  
Albin

Stutters on final. It's getting annoying.

Go easy. The shaders folder only need be deleted if code in the HLSL folder changes.

It's possible that some functionality surfaces or changes with the GPU, so the programmer adds it into the sim and makes changes to code in the HLSL to incorporate aspects of it. OK so then you get guys saying the shaders needed deleting because of a driver update, but it was because of code changes in the HLSL folder.

The shaders from nothing take over two minutes to build and gives your sim the stutters during that time depends on hardware and disk speeds. But it doesn't end there because quite often there's more shaders to be built as the user progresses around different parts of scenery.

When we get a P3D update and it includes HLSL files in the zip, then we need to delete the shaders, so that the sim builds them with the new code changes. Otherwise we do not need to since Shaders can take months to accumulate depending on the areas visited during flights.

• Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Laffffffffffffffffffffffffffinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....nosir....its me Vaping....let me invite you smokers out there to TRY Vaping!!!!....you, your lungs, your health insurance bill, your wife, your drapes, clothes, friends and health will thank you...

Oh, I'm relieved.  :wink:   As it happens, I'm not a smoker, but that's good advice for those who still do.  It's really such a 20th-century thing.

Most of us are "20th-century things", aren't we??

:smile:

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Most of us are "20th-century things", aren't we??

:smile:

Depends on what you mean  - the comment was about smoking.  Clearly, most of us were born in the 20th century.  But that misses the point.

Some are mired in 20th century societal and cultural attitudes, and don't embrace the technology we now enjoy.  Some of us are not.  YMMV.

What Vsync schould I have. Vsync ON or off in p3d. Vsync in nvidia inspector? Nvidia controlpanel. For best smoothness

With the slider set to Unlimited fps, VSync On in P3D Display Settings steers your GPU to output at the refresh frequency of your monitor. Whereas leaving VSync off allows the GPU to make frames at whatever rate it can. Combining Triple Buffer with VSync can increase the smoothness but also increases the load on the sim. Setting the fps slider below Unlimited fixes the period between frames with a look-ahead buffer, it is not a Limiter and increases the load on the sim. With NI we can set an fps Limit that appears to P3D as if it is the monitor refresh.

What works best depends on your monitor and setup. You might find that increasing the AA or Clouds or Shadows slows down the sim a bit and produces a more consistent fps without any limit or Fixed framerate.

Because P3D operates in a desktop window it can look like stutter when the frame period does not match exactly with the monitor refresh or a division of it. You may find Fixing or Limiting to 30fps and using a monitor with 120Hz refresh performs better than a monitor with 60 or 30 Hz refresh.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I use unlimited fps with vsync and tripple buffering on a 30 HZ 4K. Very very smooth as long as it stays around 28-30fps.

I must admit that having vsync off provides more stutter than i used to have with my 1920X1200@60 hz. Not sure why. Maybe because it is 4K.

But try it out.

I will test KLAX FSDT with Legacy v2

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I will test KLAX FSDT with Legacy v2

Michael Moe

So i did a test Chas, something is wrong with your setup,

Tried with OpenLCNA with and without Vector and smooth 26-30 fps all along FSDT KLAX 25R and around.

If it goes below 27 i do see some small stutter but on 95% and on rwy 25R 30 fps butter smooth ride.

FTX SCA is another story 15-20fps

Actually i could not see any differents in the test with or without Vector which is strange as for instance KORD Chicago areas is taking a big FPS hit with Vector (all option on)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png