Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

setting up w10 for p3d and fsx

I just installed w10.I still need to get used to it.When I first installed w7  I tuned the os following Nickn's advice/guide .

is there any such  a guide for w10 now ? How do I remove the bloat ? I see some service cant even be disabled like windows defender. I installed o&O shut up  and applied the recommended settings.

Thanks !

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Like you I recently gave Win10 a shot.  Don't know that I'll keep it... seems to me to have far more "benefits" for MS than their customers, but that's another subject.  I found a number of sites that proved to be marginally helpful, but one stands out from all the others.  I urge caution in using this fellow's changes/settings/tweaks... his work on Win10 is pretty extensive and more than a little severe.  Use his settings at your own risk.  I've only had time to make a few of his Services changes (none of his other changes so far... I'm still studying his registry changes), and then undid a few of those Services changes.  His Services changes did indeed make for a lighter OS on my system... http://pastebin.com/m26z309a

Good luck,

Greg