Sign in to follow this  
crappyusername

trouble downloading PMDG to FSX-SE

Hi everyone ,

Just to bring everyone up to date,  I bought these 2 files - 747-400 / 8i

- BAe Jetstream

both back in 2008/9  way before FSX -SE version came out . Now I've tried to download  them to the new FSX SE and im getting a "file location error" after i change where in the computer i want the files to download to . so in stead of ... 

Local Disk C: / program files/microsoftgames/ flightsim... etc

I changed it to ..

Local Disk C:/ programfiles/steam/steamapps/common/ fsx

Can somebody please help me , I really want to use my PMDG Aircraft. 

P.S. I don't know how to use a "registry fix tool" I've downloaded it but i don't know how to use it. It looks confusing..lol

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

First things first. You need to sign your first and last name in the PMDG forums for support, it's a rule.

Secondly, if you search for questions to your topic you'll find some links to your question.

Reading these links, there is no Steam version installer available for either product and are not really compatible for the Steam version, however there are people reporting that they have been able to make both products work in the Steam version by doing some tweaking.

One other thing.

Your not trying to download to FSX SE, your trying to install the product to that sim. Downloading refers to getting the product from PMDG not installing it.