Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

Problem setting up a Flight Plan in P3D

Hi Everyone

When setting up a flight plan in P3D following the normal steps for say a flight from Heathrow to Toronto IFR and Dir GPS or airways .... it then goes to the 'Save Flight Plan' page where the origin and destination are normally shown with a clear (white) background ready to click the OK box and proceed from there  .......

In this case and any other flight plan I have tried to install with Toronto or Montreal as destinations the background is always red/pink and the OK box is greyed out but with 'cancel' available to select ...

Needless to say it has to be cancelled because there is nothing else you can do

Does anyone have any ideas what is going wrong and if anyone else has experienced this issue

Cheers

Paul 

I have found this as well. It took me a while, but I discovered what makes it work. For some reason, making a change to the filename (I add and delete a blank) activates the "OK".

This is clearly a bug,

Frans

Paul, this is most probably because there is a "/" character in the file name to be saved or in the description field (Ex.: Montreal/Trudeau or Toronto/Pearson) . Windows considers this an invalid filename thus the pink color to alert you of that fact. Remove the "/" from both the file name and the description and you should be able to save the flight plan.

I always keep my file names as short as possible, such as "CYUL to CYYZ", but that's a personal choice.

Normand

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

Frank's and Normand ... Thank you very much indeed for your input ... I will not be in front of my system for a couple of weeks but I promise to come back and let you know if that worked

Cheers

Paul