Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I'm REALLY enjoying my new ESP Orbx Flight Simulator!

Nothing worked so I made the ultimate mistake and tried a repair. Now FSX is dead in the water. Oh well, I guess it was time to get rid of the bloat anyway. Thanks again to everyone for your help. I'm not so sure the new ORBX package had anything to do with it.

Bill W

Wow Bill, so sorry to read. Do you have (I HOPE) a system image back up...or back-up files of your flight sim installation?  If not...you have then kissed the steel..and will, from now on...  If you have W7 Ultimate or W10 Pro, I know that you have a system image back-up option. I use it all the time, after I add major installations.  I have used a return of a current image a number of times...and has saved my bacon as a result of having made it.  If you do not have a built in System Image capability, there are many Disk Image programs such as O&O DIsk Image that will take care of all your future needs. I have this as well, and it works like a charm. It has many other features besides raw disk imagery,..so you might want to check it out, to prevent further conflags!

I also have Win 10 Pro and tried the image restore. It says it cannot finish restore because of the virus protection. I had the virus protection turned off so I'm not sure what is up with that. Interesting, but not fun.

Bill W