Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

P3Dv3 cpu overclock test in 4k - ASN16, Orbx Open LC NA, Global and Vector 1.4

Here is a short video of my overclock on a i7 5930k using P3Dv3 and heavy settings to test stability. I have P3Dv3 setup with Orbx Open LC NA, Vector 1.4 and Global. I have all autogen settings in P3Dv3 maxed as well as full cloud coverage and distance. Resolution of sim is true 4k and also same for video.

In the video I am over Fiji with ASN16 maxed and showing rain and full cloud coverage. Only getting around 19 fps but this is a stability test and for just flying I cut down cloud coverage and distance and autogen and get around 30 fps in this situation. 

You will see the sim plus windows for MSI Afterburner showing my three  980 video cards hitting hard and running very warm, also Speccy window showing cpu temps and hz and Asus Dual Intelligent Processor 5 showing overclock settings and running hz and voltage numbers.  To see all this you will need to click on the go to youtube button in video and watch full screen in 1080p or 4k by selecting the rez you want from the settings button

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Here is a short video of my overclock on a i7 5930k using P3Dv3 and heavy settings to test stability. I have P3Dv3 setup with Orbx Open LC NA, Vector 1.4 and Global. I have all autogen settings in P3Dv3 maxed as well as full cloud coverage and distance. Resolution of sim is true 4k and also same for video.

In the video I am over Fiji with ASN16 maxed and showing rain and full cloud coverage. Only getting around 19 fps but this is a stability test and for just flying I cut down cloud coverage and distance and autogen and get around 30 fps in this situation.

You will see the sim plus windows for MSI Afterburner showing my three 980 video cards hitting hard and running very warm, also Speccy window showing cpu temps and hz and Asus Dual Intelligent Processor 5 showing overclock settings and running hz and voltage numbers. To see all this you will need to click on the go to youtube button in video and watch full screen in 1080p or 4k by selecting the rez you want from the settings button

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2nyFN8Z_wk&feature=youtu.be

What screen setting and drivers are you using.? Try OPENLC NA at KORD and maybe with FSDT and Meigs fields with vector maxed as well.

My problem with SLI is if it drops below VSYNC@30HZ i get much much wors stutter than with a singlecard. Going down to 26fps with a singlecard i hardly notice. Cant live with SLI stutter in the same setup.

Its not that SLI is not having some job to do. It does. Mostly around 50-75%.

Some settings i just skip to minimize potential risk. Like terrain shadows and dynamic reflections.

Those settings comes only to live during VFR Mountain flights

Thanks Michael Moe with latest drivers

Screen setting? Do you mean what rez, if so 4k. Drivers are beta 369.00 and seem the same as the last five drivers I tested. 

If I tried those areas you mentioned I would get around 12 fps. This is a stress test video and not what I play at. When actually playing the sim I set autogen, clouds, traffic all back to normal.