Sign in to follow this  
Mithras

Where do you fly classic military aircraft?

If you fly those old Cold War or WW2 aircraft, where fo you fly them from, where do you go and what mission are you replicating?

Do you base yourself at an authentic airfield and fly historic missions (albeit without the bombs) or do you simply fly from a modern airfield and acknowledge that you are flying an old classic?

I fly an RAF Sentinel sometimes, and fly out to modern trouble spots to relocate for surveillance missions, to Latvia, Ukraine, Cyprus, Malta and Gibralter. I have an Airbus MRTT that I fly out over the North Sea for imagined refuelling missions. I've also flown Nimrods out to search for survivors or wreckage after newsworthy aircrashes at sea.

what about the older props and jets!

• Upvote 1

I love to fly the hump with an old Dakota. And on occasion you can see me sitting in a P-47, P-38, Bf-109, Fw-190 or similar fighters, fly low and fast in alpine territory and scare the living sh.. :Shame On You:  out of the locals  :smile:  :smile:

• Upvote 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

I set up a 500mi. Loop that I take tboth old and new Warbirds on, pretending I'm doing high altitude Recon. From time to time I'll use a B-17 or B-24 on this Route as well.

Another fun Route to use with Jets is the VR-1355 low Altitude course in WA State; there are lots of YT videos showing the Route in EA-6's, F-15's, F/A-18's, etc.

Alan   :smile:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg