Sign in to follow this  
E_Cakes

ILS Problem

Hi this is Jarrett. Recently when I have tried to do an ILS in the 737-700 my course gets all messed up. For example say I am doing an ILS into Vancouver. The course gets messed up. I put in the correct one 083 but it gets changed to 081. Then I went into the map view and found that the ILS course for 08L is 081 but in the charts it says it is 083. This also happened in Calgary. It got changed from 165 to 163. Again in the map it says 163 but it is 165. Today I was trying to fix it and noted something different this time it was changed from 165 to 166. It has also happened in Bermuda and that put me way off the approach. I have a Saitek multi panel so I tried to do this without it but I got the same result. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

-Jarrett Murray

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

The problem is that the magnetic deviation in fsx is out-dated. So the magnetic QFU of the runways in FSX with deviation dated from 2006 doesn't match the deviation indicated on the charts and up-to-date.

The course changing automatically in the NGX is not a bug, you simply must have the option "SET FSX LOC CRS" to yes in the FMS options (Introduction manual p 0.00.88).

It is a trick proposed by PMDG in order to get rid off with the problem of course mismatch between the course info provided by the AIRAC and the outdated course of airports in FSX.

Try with that option on and off to check what works for you.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

The problem is that the magnetic deviation in fsx is out-dated. So the magnetic QFU of the runways in FSX with deviation dated from 2006 doesn't match the deviation indicated on the charts and up-to-date.

The course changing automatically in the NGX is not a bug, you simply must have the option "SET FSX LOC CRS" to yes in the FMS options (Introduction manual p 0.00.88).

It is a trick proposed by PMDG in order to get rid off with the problem of course mismatch between the course info provided by the AIRAC and the outdated course of airports in FSX.

Try with that option on and off to check what works for you.

What Romain said ^^^

Okay that makes sense I will just leave that on.

Thanks!

-Jarrett Murray