Sign in to follow this  
jmstll

European coastlines in Orbitz FTX global

I have noted that European coastlines are dramatically distorted in FSX since I started using it in 2006. I  purchased Ultimate Terrain Europe  to correct this distortion for FSX.

I recently purchased Prepar3d as my new FS and note the distortion remains. Ultimate Terrain Europe does not work for me in P3D and the Windows 10 operating system I now use. Does ORBX FTX Global correct the coastlines in Europe and elsewhere? Will ORBX FTX Global will work for me? It appears to be a much better system.

Thanks for replies!  

Orbx FTX Vector is the right product to get more accurate coastlines.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Hi there

OrbX Global Base Pack is a set of textures replacing the default ones, it'd pretty up the terrain but won't do anything to correct the default coastlines. 

For that, you need OrbX Vector which will bring to your sim an excellent rendition of the coastlines the world over, including Europe. It also enhances the hydro and roads networks and adds hundreds of water bodies (lakes, ponds etc). It works flawlessly in my P3D (with Windows 7). Vector is an addon to the Global pack and thus needs it.

OrbX sells another layer (also an addon to Global), OpenLC EU which repositions the textures, meaning you will see forest, agriculture lands,  cities, towns, villages, golfs etc. in the sim where they are in the real world. Highly recommended too if you fly in Europe.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Thank you for the quick reply. I noticed the airport on the Greek island of Kerkira (one of my favorites) is not bordering the bay in ORBX, as it does in the real world.  ORBX does a great job in Nice, France, however. I haven't checked out Marseille, France,  or Skiathos, Greece, two of my favorites yet. I will check out Vectors. 

Thank you for the quick reply. I noticed the airport on the Greek island of Kerkira (one of my favorites) is not bordering the bay in ORBX, as it does in the real world. ORBX does a great job in Nice, France, however. I haven't checked out Marseille, France, or Skiathos, Greece, two of my favorites yet. I will check out Vectors.

Btw, per your title it's ORBX as Orbitz is an online travel website. Also the ORBX product is Vector not Vectors. Vectors are something ATC assigns.

Flight 1 also has a UTX for P3D. Are you trying to use the FSX version in P3D?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thank you for the quick reply. I noticed the airport on the Greek island of Kerkira (one of my favorites) is not bordering the bay in ORBX, as it does in the real world. ORBX does a great job in Nice, France, however. I haven't checked out Marseille, France, or Skiathos, Greece, two of my favorites yet. I will check out Vectors.

The Global+Vector+OpenLC EU combo sets LGKR as it should be, along the the bay all right. Almost perfectly.

If you don't own Vector, what you see in Nice or in Kerkyra has nothing to do with OrbX Global, which is just the "paint" on the ground. In Kerkyra, the issue may be with UT Europe or a conflict between UT Europe and a third party (an airport or the Greek coastlines freeware)

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam