Sign in to follow this  
Stearmandriver

MCE customization - my experience, and a couple questions

I'm pretty sure there's a table like that in my company performance manual, but I'm also pretty sure I'm restricted from reproducing it. I did find this in the PMDG docs though, if you can read Vref 40 for a given weight, looks like you just need to add 70:

FLAP POSITION MANEUVER SPEEDS

UP VREF40 + 70

1 VREF40 + 50

5 VREF40 + 30

10 VREF40 + 30

15 VREF40 + 20

25 VREF40 + 10

30 VREF30

40 VREF40

Excellent.

PMDG exposes the VREF via the SDK, therefore it's just a case of reading it and adding something based on actual flaps config.

Thank you

Regarding the minimums call out, he does ask for confirmation before setting the mins, then does attempt to set them. But most of the time, he blows right through the specified minimums altitude and just keeps scrolling until I stop him by setting the mins myself.

Should be good now with that aspect in latest release. 

Keep in mind as with most dialing commands, if FO somehow gets the wrong value, say you told him "set decision height 75" and he somehow got "set decision height 175", you don't need to wait until he has finished dialing the wrong value before giving a second command. Simply say "Correction 75" and he should dial the correct one.

Applies to heading, speed and altitude in AP MCP as well.

"bug up" command should work as expected. You must set the Flaps/VRF in FMC-CDU before takeoff though. Otherwise MCE won't be able to read VREF and will default to 215 instead

This release should also be ripe for CAT III training. Just need to provide info in mce.ini [CAT_III] section

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

On 8/11/2016 at 8:38 PM, FS++ said:

3 - Always keep in mind, built-in commands have precedence over custom ones. This is why you can't script "gear up" (actually, there is a workaround if you want FO to execute a bunch of things as part of the "gear up" command, let me know if you need it)

I'd like to know that!

How is it done?

13 hours ago, tigran9 said:

I'd like to know that!

How is it done?

OK, please proceed as follows...

Go to "General" tab in MCE user interface and click <More options> button

In "Advanced options" panel, click <View Config>

Config file mce.ini will then open in Notepad.

Ensure "UseAlternateGrammar=1" in [OPTIONS] section.

MCE will then use the other speech grammar that doesn't recognize "gear up" and "gear down".

You'll have to defione them in Voxscript to get Fo to do exactly what you want other than retract or extend the gear.

Go to "Command" tab in MCE UI and click <Voxscript>

In "Voxscript overview" panel, click <New> and type gear up

A new flow will then be created and losted.

Select it and click <Edit>

In "Script properties" panel, enable option "Verbose" sop you cvan hear the FO replies, unless you want it executed silently.

Click <Edit scrip commands> and you'll be taken to "Script commands" panel.

Now, add all actions you want the Fo to perform as part of the now custom command "gear up".

Because the speech grammar can no lonmger recognise the built-in command "gear up", you'll have to use one of the other alternatives it still recognizes. For example "retract gear" or "gear retract"

Then add others like "disarm spoilers" or whatever else.

Create another custom flow for "gear down"

Not sure which MCE version you';re on, suggest you update to the very latest