Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Aircraft drops 500 ft upon Load plus Elev issues

I've already posted this in the Orbx forum but no one seems to know what's going on.  Essentially since the LCLookup FTX 2.1 migration their scenery has been worthless to me.  When I load from my default flight my plane drops 500 ft and when it "bounces" and stabilizes the scenery elevations are all screwed up.

I've tried everything that has been suggested at the Orbx forums.

I do not own any FTX global products though.  Maybe it's a UTX USA conflict after the LCLookup update was applied?  IDK - it all worked great before I did that!

Holger Sandmann, scenery guru explained the reason the 500 ft load happens:

"the only mechanism I know of that makes planes load 500ft above an airport is if crash detection is turned off and the sim tries to load the plane at an altitude below the actual airport's flatten polygon. Thus, you may check for interference of third-party add-ons at the affected airports. If you don't know which add-ons that might be run a Windows Explorer search of your entire flightsim folder tree for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *KSTS*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths. "

Subsequently I did not find any dupe bgls or I've already disabled the stock Orbx scenery dupe airport .bgls.

Ohh this is all in P3D v3.3 - here's my scenery config with FTX insertion point.  Is this a scenery layering issue?  Is FTX regions/airports too far down?

FTXinsertion.jpg

Example loading from KDLH into L70 addon airport:

l70%20load%20high%20ext.jpg

Example of elevation problems after I bounce and stabilize (UDD near Orbx PSP addon)  All Orbx addon airports will do something like this if I load high in the sky.  I've also tried resetting P3D to default state (F35 at default location) - but that did not help

uddeffedup_1.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Do you have a mesh product installed if so disable it and see what happens other than that not sure - would assume if you have vector you have done that enable disable process

Rich Sennett

I don't have FTX global products (incl vector)

I don't have any 3rd party mesh

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I don't have FTX global products (incl vector)

I don't have any 3rd party mesh

did you find a solution?

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Yes, I had "turned off" the orbx default CVX .BGL files by mistake.  I was under the impression I had to do this any time they made a payware airport that was covered by a region airport.  Little did I know they already thought of that and anytime they released a payware airport in an existing region they must have already disabled the required files for the airport to work.  I disabled THOSE files, so I sort of disabled the disabled files hehe.  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Yes, I had "turned off" the orbx default CVX .BGL files by mistake.  I was under the impression I had to do this any time they made a payware airport that was covered by a region airport.  Little did I know they already thought of that and anytime they released a payware airport in an existing region they must have already disabled the required files for the airport to work.  I disabled THOSE files, so I sort of disabled the disabled files hehe.

Ah ok.. that is useful info too.

I had a similar case with pits / sink holes in terrain at ftx airports.. turned out my default scenery and default terrain entries got moved in the config file, up from the bottom.. once i moved em back down all was ok :)

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking: