Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Prepar3d SLI with VR-SLI (FlyInside)

Hey y'all,

I am going to be busy flying later today anyway.  Dan is the man from Flyinside-FSX/P3D.  He managed to get VR-SLI working.  P3D works well in SLI for me and VR-SLI really helps in VR.  Technically each eye gets one card to push graphics.  There are very few demos out there which uses VR-SLI but Flyinside has it.  Even Elite Dangerous etc other apps do not even use VR-SLI.  Flyinside and the Nvidia FunHouse are the only two apps that I know which work in VR-SLI.  Nvidia disabled VR-SLI for gtx 980s in Nvidia Funhouse Demo.  But when VR-SLI was announced I do believe 2x970s is where it works from (developer has to enable it)

Ver 1.6 is out.

PS - This is a very stable build from the previous 1.52 release

And VR Desktop is there to see other windows.  Please expect a write up by me about my experience by Sunday

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That's disappointing! I bought 2 970s for vr but recently sold one as vr sli didn't work in anything and I am looking at going to a 1080 soon anyway. Currently using a single 970 now and not seeing any slowdown in vr.

Slightly annoying that I sold too soon but good to hear vr sli might actually work for flyinside due to dans hard work. It's a shame none of the big developers utilised this feature that was shouted about when the 900 series launched.

Good luck and hope it goes well. Be interested to see how your fps compares to before.

Chris