Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Saitek Instrument Panel goes to sleep in P3DV3.3

I downloaded the latest and greatest drivers from Saitek for my Saitek Instrument panels.. Win 7 64bit

Pro_Flight_Instrument_Panel_7_0_47_1_x64_Software.exe

Pro_Flight_Instrument_Panel_7_0_47_1_x64Drivers.exe

Pro_Flight_FSX_Plugin_7_0_50_1_x64_Software.exe

The Instrument panels starts up fine and runs fine...for a bit...and then the lights go out..meaning, it shuts off...one by one

I unplug the USB chord and put it back in it wakes up.

I had this thing running fine in my previous PC without any issues (Ofcourse I had all old FSX drivers and what not where I simply moved from FSX to P3D V2.x to hen V3.x without reinstalling the Saitek s/w)

Any idea whats going on?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I think it needed more Juice.. I moved them to a more powerful Hub... and its staying alive.. 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

The Instrument panels starts up fine and runs fine...for a bit...and then the lights go out..meaning, it shuts off...one by one.

Any idea whats going on?

If you go to Control Panel - Device Manger-USB Controllers and then click on each USB hub, under the Power Management tab you will find an option to let the computer turn off the hub to save power -- suggest you uncheck that option for each USB hub you are using. You will find the same power management option under Human Interface Devices. Sometimes allowing the computer to shut off power to USB hubs and HIDs can be the cause of a device 'going to sleep'. Worth checking if the problem returns,  I think.

Al