Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

Staggerwing morse audio on constantly

I just installed the Staggerwing and love it.  But when I tune a NAV freq I get the morse tone and it's on constantly unless I change the freq.  It won't shut off even if I shut off the radios while tuned to a freq where it was sounding out morse.

Any advice?

Thanks

Jack

Jack Sawyer

I think you've answered your own question Jack. Change the frequency. It's a bit like that ATIS waffle you get sometimes, changing the coms kills it.

Thanks for reminding me about the Staggerwing though. :good:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Hi Ron, and thanks for replying but that's not what I meant. In all the other aircraft I have this never happens. I could be tuned to a freq but not hear morse. Or there was a way to turn of the audio and still recieve signal to the OBI.

With this one I get morse all the time.

I even get it in this scenario, say I have it tuned to a VOR and I get the morse, now when I shut off the radios I still get the morse. That's one problem.

The other is when I want it turned on I always get the mrse but there's no way to shut the morse code audio off.

Does anyone else experience this? I mean, I like morse code identification occasionally when I use real-world maps so I can identigy the station but having it on constantly get real annoying real fast.

Jack Sawyer