Sign in to follow this  
Gilandred

Autopilot Altitude Setting Issue on Approach

When I'm on approach and try to adjust the altitude knob on the autopilot it doesn't follow the normal 100/1000 foot increments as it does when I'm flying at higher altitudes. 

For example, I might set my altitude at 5000 and then start my descent.  Once I'm there, when I try to further adjust the altitude downward using the 100 foot increments setting to, say, 3500, it will instead jump all the way down to zero using the altitude knob.  When I try to slowly adjust it back up, it can then jump all the way up to 10000, which should not be possible as there is no 10000 increment setting .  This only happens on approach when I'm closer to the ground, and doesn't seem to happen at higher altitudes.

In order to fine tune my approaches, when the altitude "bugs out" like I just described (and it happens every time, not just sometimes), I just set the altitude to zero and then use VS to control my step downs. 

Any one else notice this?

PS.  Using Bert's GTN mod.

Thanks.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

Any one else notice this?

I do, not only on approach but all phases of flight.

Seems like a bug in the AP code. Sometime it even changes to 10,000 ft. per scroll.

Sometimes I can get it back to normal when I press the Uppercase Key. ie. Normal 100 - 1000 increments.

Cheers.

Are you using the mouse wheel?  (which is what I use)..

Also do you have FSUIPC with control accel fix set to ON?  (that should help)

I have personally never seen this behavior..

Bert

Yes, using the mouse wheel.  I do not have FSUIPC installed.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

Some controls produce erratic / multiple values, FSUIPC can intercept these and prevent it from affecting the gauges.. it is not a bug in the AP code, but erroneous control values being transmitted..

Bert

Hello Bert

I also use the mouse wheel, and have payed FSUIPC version, bot nothing assigned to it.

This problem is erratic and happens with old and brand new gaming mouse.

Hello Bert

Nope, it didn't work. Problem Persists. Even parked at the apron, the behavior is erratic.

in fact it is probably worst as now it jumps all over the place with no logic (example from 28900 to 39100 scrolling up and then 29000 on scroll down 1 click)

Perhaps I/we have a faulty download of Your mod, or installed it incorrectly.

Post Edit: Just tested the CJ2 with mod and the KA350i w & wo mod and alt select works fine on those.

Will send PM.

Cheers.

Hello Bert

I applied the mod you sent me.

It is now working as expected. Apparently seems like I had a bad install.

Fingers crossed.