Sign in to follow this  
Fatback

MS Forcefeedback 2 throttle

After a system crash my throttle, ailerons and rudder don't work. They are setup in the Control Axes

b5ffd93691916563d2ef0f1d7e5c347d.png
https://gyazo.com/b5ffd93691916563d2ef0f1d7e5c347d

I tried rename my fsx.cfg file to build a new control.xml but no joy. And if I go to Buttons/Keys and try to change an assignment FSX hangs. I really don't want to reinstall.... :(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

So I have the problem again and this time my system has deleted my restore points. My buttons work on the controller but the ailerons and throttle don't. As I understand it they are two separate xml files so maybe one is corrupted? 

Does your joystick test normally in Windows without FSX running? If so, if you have the paid version of FSUIPC, try deleting the axis assignments in FSX and set them up in FSUIPC.

yes, joystick ok. I have the paid version of FSUIPC but it wasn't in the drop down menu. I reinstalled it and it was there but I couldn't open it. Then it disappeared. Weird things happening....

I got the throttle working by rebuilding the fsx.cfg but then I couldn't find a bunch of pmdg aircraft. So I went back to the original fsx.cfg and not working again. 

yes, joystick ok. I have the paid version of FSUIPC but it wasn't in the drop down menu. I reinstalled it and it was there but I couldn't open it. Then it disappeared. Weird things happening....

I got the throttle working by rebuilding the fsx.cfg but then I couldn't find a bunch of pmdg aircraft. So I went back to the original fsx.cfg and not working again.

Sounds like there's something fundamentally wrong with FSX. Could be time for a full uninstall/reinstall!

Doing a full uninstall/reinstall so consider this closed. Thanks vortex, that was the push I needed lol.