Sign in to follow this  
boeingflir

HUD RUNWAY REMAINING INFO

I have searched the web and watched too many youtube videos. I have to assume that the runway remaining information that should be displayed in the lower right coroner of the HUD is not an active feature of this simulation. I assumed that after entering usable runway and glide slope angle in the HCP that it would display after touchdown. If I'm missing something I'd appreciate your help. Everything else is functional.

Thanks.

boeingflir

If I'm missing something I'd appreciate your help.

The HGS has to be in the proper mode. Change through the modes using the MODE button at the top left of the HGS panel.

boeingflir

Full names - first and last - in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

Hmmm. I have been landing in the AIII mode. It seems to be functioning and active. Could you be a little more specific as to what I want to see on the HCP (Head Up Control Panel) when I set up for the approach? I have a little bit of literacy and familiarity with the Boeing jets and I'm good at following instructions. I also have referred to the Rockwell Collins manual. 

I would also like to ask, should I have runway remaining information on takeoff? I realize that those are two different setups. What should I see on the HCP before takeoff?

Thanks.

Bruce Jacobs

The FCOM has very clear illustrations of how the HGS looks in the various modes.  I only use the AIII mode when autolanding, it's intended purpose.  Normally I'm in PRI mode where a lot more information is presented to the pilot.

Runway remaining annunciations come from the RAAS.

EDIT:  FCOM 10.42.1 starts the section on HGS symbols, I found on 10.42.11 there are several runway annunciations in AIII and PRI ground modes... interesting. I've never noticed those.  I notice there are specific conditions, I'll have to pay attention.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yeah, the NGX doesn't simulate the runway remaining indications in the HUD.  In reality, they'd appear during a low-vis takeoff, and a landing (in AIII mode for sure, and I think in the other modes as well, except maybe VMC).

I swear I remember seeing a post where it was mentioned this was a known bug and on the list already, or I'd have asked myself.

Andrew Crowley

Thanks Andrew. Yeah, I tried everything and all modes. It's a very useful feature in the real world since you can now make takeoffs and landings where you actually see only 3 centerline lights at a time. It would be interesting to see it on this simulation.

Cheers,

Bruce Jacobs

I am not seeing this feature....I'll take Andrew's recollection as probably right since this feature has been missing since NGX hit the market.

Dan Downs KCRP

Bruce,

I have passed the information along to the Development team to look into.  I don't know that we had the data to do that properly when the NGX was released.  In any case it's something to look at for any future updates to the NGX.

• Upvote 1

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg