Sign in to follow this  

PC & PS3?

Hi.  Just joined, looked at the FAQ but did not find the answer.  Will these downloads play on just a PC or can they be played on a PlayStation console to?  I was told that the Kolb Firefly flight simulator that I am interested in can be played if it is added to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 and played through a PC.  Is that the only way to play it?  Any info. or suggestions appreciated, thanks, Mike 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

FS2004 can only be run on a PC.  The Kolb Firefly is just an addon and not a flight simulator.

Jim, thanks for the reply.  A couple of days ago I purchased a used FS2004 on ebay, have not received it yet.  Don't know how this all works but hope I can find someone to walk me through it.  I also purchased the joy stick and etc. to hook it all up, it should all be here in the next few days.  A friend and I are each considering purchasing Kolb Ultralights and was told that the Kolb flight simulator is a lot like flying the real thing and would help us to get up to speed on the real thing.  The FS2004 will be the first flight simulator I have tried so as of right now I don't know anything.  Is there anyone out here who likes to help newbies like me/us get started???  Any help or advise would be appreciated.  Thanks, Mike  

I haven't seen too many members go "back in time" to enjoy flight simulation.  The realism in flight simulation is in FSX or FSX-SE (which replaced FS2004), P3D (which replaced FSX), and X-Plane.  Kolb Ultralights should work with FSX too.  Still, FS2004 is a lot cheaper route to go than FSX, FSX-SE, and X-Plane especially with the hundreds of realistic commercial add-ons.

You might be interested in our FS9 (FS2004) Forum.  Most of us all started out with FS98 and FS2000.  Flight simulation has improved dramatically since then.  The main thing is to learn and enjoy!

Best regards,

Jim