Sign in to follow this  
angeli662

FSX-SE and P3D on the same drive?

Are there any issues installing P3D on the same drive as FSX-SE? if so could P3D be installed on a separate partition?

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You don't need a separate partition. They will both work when on same drive, I don't know why they wouldn't, they each have their own program data and application data areas.  I wouldn't try running them at the same time.

You don't need a separate partition. They will both work when on same drive, I don't know why they wouldn't, they each have their own program data and application data areas.  I wouldn't try running them at the same time.

Thanks downscc,  what about addons that use the same location for FSX and P3D?  Let say  REX  TD which I believe resides on C, wouldn't be a conflict? 

Thanks downscc,  what about addons that use the same location for FSX and P3D?  Let say  REX  TD which I believe resides on C, wouldn't be a conflict? 

You should ask the developer about specific products.  In general this is not an issue.  For example, ASN or AS16 are installed in programs folder but do not conflict because different exe files and different simconnect modules are used for each platform.  And it doesn't matter if they are on same drive or separate drives on same machine...  the operating system rarely cares what the physical location of something is as long as all the references to the location in the registry and in application data is correct.

I've had FSX, FSXSE, P3D and XPlane all on the same machine without problem.