Sign in to follow this  
freded

FLT NO Request shows "NO ROUTES AVAILABLE"

Thank you, Kyle, for taking the trouble to keep on following my problem.

My guess is that you may not have waited long enough for the APU to be fully started with the GEN available. That, or might you have clicked on the APU GEN switch to "turn it on" (assuming it was like the 747 or Airbuses), turning it off in the process (it'll automatically select the APU GEN, which is why I only wrote that you should turn on the BATT and select "start" for the APU in the tutorial)? The power up procedure takes a decent amount of time. It's also highly dependent on proper power state.

You are correct. I did click on the APU GEN switch - it seemed the logical thing to do.

my suggestion would be to start over entirely. Load the sim up at Z1.

OK. You're right there. I'll do that.

Follow the entire tutorial from there. It may be frustrating to hear that, but I think the repetition will be beneficial to getting you into the proper workflow of interacting with the aircraft. At the same time, it may be more beneficial for now to take Tutorial #1 and try using a different route pair. The benefit to this approach is seeing if you can adapt the flows and techniques you learned in Tutorial #1 to different scenarios.

I may be wrong, but I think you meant "... take Tutorial #1.5...". Am I right?

Mark

may be wrong, but I think you meant "... take Tutorial #1.5...". Am I right?

No  what Kyle said is correct  start  from  tutorial  1  again  master  that  first   than  do  tutorial 1.5

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thank you, Kyle, for taking the trouble to keep on following my problem.

Glad you're sticking with it. I really want to make sure that you can get through it, in the end.

You are correct. I did click on the APU GEN switch - it seemed the logical thing to do.

When it comes to tutorials, make sure to avoid assumptions. Follow it to the letter. Try to avoid doing extra tasks that seem correct if it isn't stated.

I may be wrong, but I think you meant "... take Tutorial #1.5...". Am I right?

As I mentioned in my earlier post, any variation to Tutorial #1.5 is inadvisable at the moment.

Look at it like this:

When you learn, you usually do so in a controlled, structured environment. Particular to the discussion here, the controlled environment begins with Tutorial #1. You fly a set route, with a set condition (no weather), in a set livery, while following a specific set of instructions. When you're done flying Tutorial #1, you have the appropriate knowledge to take the knowledge and fly other routes: the flow of getting the aircraft in the air is all the same. The only thing that changes is the route pair, route, and area of the world where you're following that flow. Still, you begin with a controlled situation with as little variation as possible. From there, you branch out to using what you've learned to apply it outside of that environment. As Peter noted, I'm essentially saying "master Tutorial #1, and then move to Tutorial #1.5."

Ideally, you want to be at a point where you could successfully "fill in the blank" if it were necessary. If I were to say "preflight the CDU," you should know exactly what to do, and be able to successfully accomplish it. Right now, it seems like you're making a lot of assumption-based alterations to the procedure, but since it's based on assumption instead of proper procedure, it's not working. For now, make sure to follow things to the letter.

To be clear: I can see how your assumptions are following a logical path, but the logical path does not follow the actual logic of the aircraft. This is not a bad thing. Being able to think logically is quite a gift. Sometimes, though, it can be a disadvantage in cases where you follow your own internal logic instead of the steps in front of you. Follow the steps as written, and it'll help you to bring your internal logic in alignment with the logic used in the aircraft over time, with practice.

It'll all start to make sense.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the 'pep-talk', Kyle! And I do mean Thanks.

I know I tend to follow what seems to me to be the logical course, usually when I can't remember or find the correct one.

I'll start again with tutorial #1 (which I did successfully complete the first time) and try to remember all the correct steps before moving on to Tutorial #1.5.

If I get into trouble again, you'll be the first to know! :smile:

Mark

Thanks for the 'pep-talk', Kyle! And I do mean Thanks.

Welcome!

I know I tend to follow what seems to me to be the logical course, usually when I can't remember or find the correct one.

There's definitely a reason I picked up on it...I had a habit of doing the same (occasionally still do). I returned two wireless routers in a weekend back in college because I thought they weren't working properly. In reality, I was just rushing through the instructions, making my own logical jumps to where I thought they were headed.

If I get into trouble again, you'll be the first to know!

Definitely post here if you run into issues. If I'm not here to answer it, I'm sure one of the other regulars will.

Kyle Rodgers