Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

An add-on DTG could offer...

Would be the scenery update, airports / airfields and navaids, that they use for DTG Flight School.

When I bought DTG FS I was surprised to find that even my small agricultural airfield was there. The runway is not the latest ( last year ) data, but still very good.

Other airports around Europe had their runways consistent with recent data, and not the old FSX stuff...

It would be great to be able to update to DTG FS databases, even if for a price...

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

i was under the impression that flight school's scenery update is basically the same as having ftx global and vector? i didn't know they updated any airfields.. maybe they included the freeware airport updates from orbx also?

cheers

-andy crosby

At least I found the agricultural airfield I fly from - LPMN - and for instance flying into EDDF showed all of the runways including the "new"  07R / 25L

From ORBX I only had Global, and didn't notice those modifications back then ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

i was under the impression that flight school's scenery update is basically the same as having ftx global and vector? i didn't know they updated any airfields.. maybe they included the freeware airport updates from orbx also?

cheers

-andy crosby

Afaik DTG only comes with Global for ground textures, not vector. And afaik they didn't update all airports but apparently they updated Some (or all?) data. I knew they were planning this for the full sim, didn't they they did this already with the school version.

My experience with Flight School was exactly that Jeroen. I was surprised to find that the very recently aproved LPMN ( from where I fly my glider ) is there. The runways is still the original one ( Nwe now have a paved 03 - 21, but heck! it's there!!!

Also, when I was using Aerowinx PSX with FSX or P3D it really irritated me to get to an airport like EDDF and find one less runway than it should have... Fixed in DTG Flight School...

So it came to my thought they could  probably offer to their FSX:SE users this update for some price ?  But DTG already replied about it at another thread here at AVSIM...

http://www.avsim.com/topic/495499-updates-airports-and-navaids-from-flight-school/

Main Simulation Rig: