Sign in to follow this  
Gunbjo

Product Activation Error in FSX

Some days ago when I started FSX this error message appeared. I also got a major uppdate from MS with more protection of the computer, which I guess caused this message so now FSX runs like as I am testing it before buying it and after a while it stops, thanking me for the test. It is the boxed version. I thought that uninstalling and reinstalling it would solve this problem but in vain. Half a day wasted. So the issue must be in Win10. Maybe I should delete these uppdates if I can find them. What do you people think??? I have looked in the MS support but there is nothing there concerning Win10. The error code is 1-80004005 and the closest I get is 0-80004005 but it's about XP and WIN7.

I do hope someone knows something about this. 

I am very thankful for any help.

Gunbjo

Win10 home,     Nvidia Geforce GTX660,      Intel Core i5-4460 CPU@3.20Ghz

Ram 8 GB,         HD 1 TB,        64 bit

Thanks for your reply. I looked at Micrsoft support, and first trying different solutions nothing worked, but then I found something about a word in the register that should be written with two capital letters  but turned out to be with only small letters. and this  was the case with my register, So now FSX is  running again. This error wasn't shown as a headline but inside the disscusion of another solution of the register.

Regards,

Gunbjo