Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

Editvoicepack with FSX-SE Causing Crashes

I installed Editvoicepack on FSX-SE.  The installation found the correct folder structure and installed everything to the appropriate locations. But when I load FSX-SE and bring the ATC window and issue Listen to ATIS, etc. FSX-SE crashes.  It is intermittenly at different points of my flight interfacing with ATC.  I uninstalled via the Editvoicepack installer, and everything works fine.

Any ideas?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

What are the crash reports (Faulting modules) from your Events Viewer error log?

I'm using EVP in FSX:SE.  Not one problem to report here.  Perhaps the gvp file is corrupt?  I'm using the latest EVP XL paid version.

Thanks to all who responded...

I reinstalled EVP and did one flight, and it seemed to work fine.  Although I just set the speed to the next faster setting, and it seems OK.  Can someone give me a specific phraseology change FAA US change so I can verify that Editvoicepak is installed correctly?

Or some other indicator?

Thanks!

Well if it's faster, it worked.  I'm unsure of all the FAA changes.  I kinda think the default gvp is set to FAA already.  Do you have a an EvpAccelerated2.gvp located in "Program Files (x86)\steamapps\common\FSX\sound\ATC"?