Sign in to follow this  
MatzeS

FS2Crew does´nt work anymore

Hi Brian,

after many years using FS2Crew without any problems, I have to report a problem, which I could´nt solve by myself.

Currently I use 737NGXRB (v3.0) and 777 (v3.0) and RAAS.

After the FSX (SP2) is loaded correctly and I "sit" in my seat, I start FS2Crew. Initializing runs perfektly. But if I press the button "Run preflight events" the lady says: lets start the show on the road, the diplay shows "setup" - and nothing more happens. The doors are not opening, the lady does´nt a goaround - FS2Crew seems to be frozen.

The same problem occours, when I use the 777. If I do a systemcheck in the NGX Reboot Manager, everything is OK.

I install all my software as admin, virus-software is off during any installation progress, UAC is off. I have already reinstalled FS2Crew sometimes, checked all entries ( in panel cfg e.t.c.).

If I remember right (unfortunately I have no time each day for FSX) I have this problem since I have updated to v3.0 - but in the same period WIN10 was updated to v1607.....

Is there anywhere a logfile created by FS2Crew, which could be helpfull to detect the reason, why FS2Crew stops?

Regards from gemany

Matthias

We have logs but they're for Voice initialization only.

Are you using Button or Voice Control?

Can you try rolling back your Windows using System Restore to a point prior to 1607.

We had a couple other users report weird things with 1607.  

I'm wondering if their 1607 installed cleanly.

Hi Bryan,

thanks for your reply. I´m using Button Control only.

I have installed Win10 as a "clean installation" in January-2016 - have not used the upgrade function.

Will try to rolling back today afternoon and get back to you. At the moment, I´m "happy" that I´m not alone.... :-)

Matthias

Okay, here is a little update: bad news first:

Rolling back prior to 1607 was not possible. Windows says: "Your system was updated for more than 10 days. Restore the previous build is not possible" Great! I´m loving it!

Okay - whats now? Now I´ve deinstalled all FS2Crew software, deleted all remaining folders and deleted all registry entries of FS2Crew manually. Than I did the same with PMDG NGX and 777. I also deleted the FSXcfg.

I rebooted my pc and than I started to reinstall all the software step by step. Of course a system reboot after each software.

Now the good news: I´ve done two tests (with NGX and 777) and everything seems to be fine. But I´m not sure, if the problem is solved really. I need a couple of days to test again and again.

Maybe this helps other users too.....

Matthias

Well Bryan - if only I knew....

My suspect is, that - maybe! - something was changed within the 1607 upgrade. Rights or permissions or anything like this. So FS2Crew wasn´t able to work in the PMDG.

And my reinstalling procedere, in the 1607 enviroment, could fix this. But if this is so, I do not know unfortunately.

Matthias

Hi there, same issues here I thing, startet PC today and mjc new fs 2 crew not responding to my speech,mic and speech are the settings like the installationguide, sounds are missing when trying the welcome message and divret mec and so on,no sound. This also happend with pmdg ngx boundle,havent try the 777 Voice yet,but maybe same problem. My computer updated last tey,but not shure version,but maybe thats the reason? . I have Asus v xtreme motherboard, with asus x2 sonar sound card, looks every thing works fine with the card and drivere . Hope someone find the issue ...