Sign in to follow this  
roland_lfor

"expedite climb to FL..." but already @ cruise FL

Hello there,

First I wanted to say I'm really impressed with Pilot2Atc program,very very promising, and I'm discovering only since a few days through the trial version.

I'm currently flying at a stable cruise level FL220 with the Q400 - pressure set @ 1013 mbar as requested, and controller ask me each 10 seconds to expedite my climb to FL220, so I guess it might show that the FL is not computed from the standard pressure 1013 / 29.92.

Any tips?

Thanks

EDIT: forgot to mention I'm using "Sim weather " option and weather is handle by AS16

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Not sure how the combination of Sim weather option and AS16 weather affects the altitude sent to FSUIPC, but that could be the problem.

P2A compares the aircraft actual altitude to the assigned altitude.  Try using the ASN weather option and see what happens.

Dave

Will try soon, thanks.

Also during the approach, CPU usage of P2A reached 40% (my sim was jaggy), I had to quit ant restart P2A to get back to normal CPU usage. Is there any recommendation to avoid this?

Could it be linked to my "sim weather" option ?

Roland

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Hard to tell what causes CPU usage to rise.  I don't think the weather settings would do it though.  It mostly depends on your PC configuration.

if it's staying at 40%, try disabling AI Traffic and see if that lowers it.  That's a big resource burner.  IF it does, try lowering the settings in the SIM so there will be less traffic to keep updated.

I'm flying an approach right now and P3D is 25-40%  while P2A is at 1-2%.  Not sure what's going on with your system.

Dave

Dave,

I don't think it's linked to AI traffic, as I was approaching a small French regional airport (LFLC) and did not see any surrounding AI's. My Airline density is set to 20% with "My Traffic 6".

The strange thing is that after P2A restart, without any config change in P3D, the P2A CPU load rolled back to 0-2%.

I'll continue my test and report.

EDIT: Does the vocal recognition engine can overload CPU if I speak no clearly enough ( engine do not understand my speech) and I make multiple tries during a short period?

Roland

Roland,

I don't think the recognition engine would take CPU usage up to 40% from 2%.  It's possible a specific set of circumstances on that flight caused a program problem of some sort that took over the CPU.  Perhaps one of the many bug fixes in the next update will eliminate the problem.

Dave

I've made exactly the same flight with the proposed Weather settings  (ASN folder read) and the expedite climb problem did not happen.

However my CPU overload problem got worse:

- At runway entry point after taxi, once I had the take off clearance, CPU load jumped @ 25% (some AI traffic in front of me) ATC first told me I was number 3 for take off, and a few seconds later, I was auhorized (!) )

- During the SID, CPU jumped to 50% (I cut all AI traffic off but no change) I had several exceptions raised talking about FSUIPC connection problem.

- I killed and restart P2A at cruise ALT, and the CPU stayed at a normal level < 3%, but I've been unable to recover a correct ATC guidance. I did not find any ATC center frequency, stayed on departure Approach and had to search next frequency myself, no instruction at TOD position ...

So I don't really know what happen on my system. Hopefully next version will come before end of trial period and things will be better...

Roland

I have had again the same problem yesterday at cruise altitude in the following conditions:

- Wx option set to Active Sky Next, with correct path to the "current_wx_snapshot" file from AS16

- Real time weather depicted by AS16

- Sea level QNH at current location was 30.17 Hg

- Aircraft at FL250 @ 29.92 Hg setting

So there must be a problem somewhere.

I'm going to increase the "Allowed Altitude Variance" to 300 ft and will see what happens.

Roland