Which addons?

Good day,

I´d like to install my P3D-Addons now. The following addons I´ve bought:

FTX Global Base

FTX Global openLC Europe

FTX Global Trees

ORBX Stockholm Arlanda

Active Sky Next

Active Sky 2016 (Updateversion from ASN)

Active Sky Cloud Art

REX4 Texture Direct HD + Soft Clouds

Ground Services X

Aerosoft Ibiza X Evolution

Aerosoft Mega Airport Frankfurt

Aerosoft Mega Airport Prague

Aerosoft Mega Airport Zürich

PMDG 737NGX for P3D

Now my question: What do you think - AS16 + ASCA only or AS16 + ASCA + REX4? And... might it beeing a good idea buying Ground Environment X? Is it possible to run GEX + ORBX FTX Global + Europe or is it better to run only one of them and if, which one do you think is the better choise?

In which order am I have to install the listed above addons?

Thank you very much first and always happy landings.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Concerning the order: install them in the order you posted everything and you should be fine. One comments though: don't install Active Sky Next, just install the new full version of Active Sky 2016. When you run it you will have to enter your Active Sky Next serial but there is no need to actually install it. I do wonder though how you actually bought ASN and then the update...? Did you buy everything brand new from the various shops or did you buy it all second hand from someone else? The latter usually is prohibited.

Concerning REX4 or not: it depends on what you want and like. If you install and want to use ASCA you can still use REX for runway textures, water textures, etc. Just make sure to disable the clouds and sky in REX4. If you want to use everything from REX, so also skies and clouds, you can skip ASCA completely. You won't be able to use the dynamic clouds and skies that AS16 offers only in combination with ASCA.

Concerning GEX: don't get it if you want to use Global Base. Both are more or less similar programs and you can only use one. I personally prefer Orbx Global Base by far. Besides, you also have openLC which needs Global Base so getting GEX now would be a waste of money.

What do you think - AS16 + ASCA only or AS16 + ASCA + REX4?

I think for the most part, most people agree that REX will provide you with improved textures.  Now, using it with ASCA, you will have to choose if you ASCA sky,cloud textures or REX's.  If you choose REX with this combo, you lose the dynamic changing of textures that ASCA does based on weather.

And... might it beeing a good idea buying Ground Environment X? Is it possible to run GEX + ORBX FTX Global + Europe or is it better to run only one of them and if, which one do you think is the better choise?

Ground Environment X and FTX Global are the same type of product.  You use one or the other, not both.  This comes down to personal preference so it's totally up to you if you want to buy GEX too and use that instead of Global(which you already own).

In which order am I have to install the listed above addons?

You can install them really in any order.  The real thing to be concerned about is how they will be ordered in the scenery library.  That's where order matters.  You can find lots of results here discussing scenery library order.

Thank you very much.

But am I right when I say that I can use REX4 Texture Direct HD + Soft Clouds -> I´m installing REX4 TD + SC, starting it, then install the sun/water/runway/... textures and after that I will install AS16 + ASCA and I will have the REX4 Textures for Ground stuff and sun/water and ASCA + AS16 for the cloud textures?

Or will it give errors / failures by using this combo?

Greetings

Thank you very much.

But am I right when I say that I can use REX4 Texture Direct HD + Soft Clouds -> I´m installing REX4 TD + SC, starting it, then install the sun/water/runway/... textures and after that I will install AS16 + ASCA and I will have the REX4 Textures for Ground stuff and sun/water and ASCA + AS16 for the cloud textures?

Or will it give errors / failures by using this combo?

Greetings

Correct. ASCA will simply overwrite any installed REX clouds and skies (only the files which are installed into the sim, not the orginal REX files). Things can get complicated if you want to change specific textures later on but ASCA will always simply overwrite any REX sky and cloud texture.

So I first have to insatll REX4 and after that I install ASN, then updating it to AS16 and after that I install ASCA? :)

So I first have to insatll REX4 and after that I install ASN, then updating it to AS16 and after that I install ASCA? :)

No.  Install order doesn't matter.  Also, if you already own AS16, you can just do a full install of that.  No need to install ASN.

I suggest you install GSX last, after all sceneries are installed - just in case any of your sceneries use the same stuff that drives GSX. For example their Geneva scenery will not display airport terminal buildings if GSX is installed first. Then you have to re-install GSX to get Geneva working again. I ran into that problem twice with clean installs, wont make the same mistake again.