Sign in to follow this  
GarminFlyer

Hibernating Mindstar Support - Constant G1000 CTD When Entering Flight Plan Waypoints

I reported this issue through the support@mindstaraviation.com channel on Oct 13. I finally got a reply on Oct 17 suggesting an outdated FSUIPC version might be the cause. On Oct 18 I replied that I'm using the latest version of FSUIPC. Now, a week later, I'm still waiting to hear back with a solution to the problem.

Has Mindstar Support gone into hibernation?

I would really like to be able to enter a flight plan in the Mindstar G1000 that's installed in my Eaglesoft DA42, every attempt to do so leads to a CTD.

Please help!

Disable FSUIPC.

As for why you're not hearing back... not that it's truly any of your business, but there's been a death in the family and people are dealing with life.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Sorry to hear that and thanks for getting back to me.

I had already tried disabling FSUIPC, I get the CTD irrespective of FSUIPC being enabled or disabled.

If I can't enter a waypoint without your G1000 causing a CTD everytime, then the whole G1000 is basically unusable for flying from A to B with a flight plan.

Any other suggestions to get this to work and eliminate the CTD?

You will have to wait until the person who's family member has passed returns.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Can I expect to hear something from Mindstar Support before Christmas?

It's been almost a month now since I opened a support ticket and so far I've had one reply in 4 weeks, which just told me to look at the FAQ, something which I had already done.

Sorry to hear that and thanks for getting back to me.

I had already tried disabling FSUIPC, I get the CTD irrespective of FSUIPC being enabled or disabled.

If I can't enter a waypoint without your G1000 causing a CTD everytime, then the whole G1000 is basically unusable for flying from A to B with a flight plan.

Any other suggestions to get this to work and eliminate the CTD?

I had the same problem with the 530 . I disabled the fsuipc dll  and it seems to work . The problem I think is come conflict between fsuipc and sim connect but dont bother asking Peter Dowson as he will tell you that it is not his program ( and i believe him ) and you will find that the answer here is that it not the 530....

Let me know if you figure something out because the minstar 530 crashes the sim for me

Peter

I have been informed that a possible resolution has been suggested by Lockheed-Martin. Further information when I have it.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69