Sign in to follow this  
Flyfox

Missing VNAV and LPV on RXP GNS530

I have used RXP's GNS 530 for several years already and still enjoy this unit a lot. The only trouble I have is that it does not recognize LPV approaches in Switzerland (and possibly other European countries). RNAV and particularly LPV approaches were introduced quite late over here, but have become widely available in the meantime. This can also be seen from the latest Garmin Navigation Data Bases for their GNS and GTN units.

Now comes my problem: If I use Flight1's GNT650 or 750 in Europe (e.g. into Altenrhein LSZR in Switzerland) I can use the local LNAV or LPV approaches successfully. But if I switch to the GNS530 (e.g. in A2A's C182), the GNS only displays VNAV and no glideslope gets active. This is particularly strange (to me) as there is no problem in other areas like North America (I often use Bowerman KHQM as test airport). Both units, the GTN750 and the GNS530 show the LPV approaches correctly and can be flown accordingly. I must add that I use the same data base on both units (currently cycle 1601).

I also tried with the GNS trainer (Version 3.00), but the result is the same.

Who has run into the problem and possibly found a solution? Any tip would be highly appreciated.

Felix

I also tried with the GNS trainer (Version 3.00), but the result is the same.

Hi, I'd guess this is a limitation (bug) of the Garmin Trainer v3.00 itself which prevents WAAS to work in this area, maybe because at the time v3.00 of the Garmin software came out, LPV was mostly (if not only) in the USA?!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I suppose you are right. However, it is really funny that the handling of approaches depends on the region. But it is very unlikely that Garmin updates such an old product. Still, if somebody has a solution, please let me know.

Felix