Sign in to follow this  
Guest beana51

First Snow of Season

Guest bobsk8

I went to Milwaukee Airport this morning for a quick look prior to leaving for work and there was snow on the ground and it was snowing... I think this is one of the nicest effects in FS9, and look foward to some more "snow flying" from now on.... Happy Thanksgiving everyone.....:)

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Bob!I was in Milwaukee last year in May, and flew MidEx to and from Denver. What a great airline that is, the crew were super friendly and those chocolate chip cookies are to die for- especially when you smell them being baked in the aircraft! Some of the pilots I was talking to indicated that North West were trying to undercut the MKE market and make it tough for anyone else to operate from there- do you know if that's still happening now, what with NW being in financial trouble? (maybe that's why....).Was listening to Tower in my hotel room on a scanner while I was there, and heard a GA plane screw up badly enough to have them ask the pilot to call the tower when he was parked- going by the frustration in the controller's voice, I'm sure it wasn't a pleasant conversation! Bruce.

Guest beana51

And to you too Bob.Down here in the boneyard, the snows of my loved NY mountins are a dim memory.Its "Deer season" now. For many years our thanksgivin table had wild turkey,venison,and rabbit on it.The pumkins and apples from the garden,and the syrup from the Maple. The trees pronided us with all the warmth we needed.The "Thanksgiven" soon brought "Christmas" and we all were grateful.Removeing snow from tired wings holding it, was rewarded by great winter flying. CHEERS VIN :-wave

I was also curious about whether FS would pick up the real wx, tho I am actuallyusing FSMetar. anyway, I booted up at my home aiorport, KUGN, about 40 miles S of KMKE...sure enough, light snow and snow covered turf...just as I saw it looking out the window of my home some 17 miles S of KUGN. what a great hobby!Sherm

Is there a patch out there to get rid of this awful stuff? :-) We're looking at 1-2 feet tomorrow. I think I'll head south for some island hopping in the Caribbean.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest beana51

Yea! But its like the frying pan into the fire thing,HURRICANE SEASON still a factor around here in the Gulf,and the Caribbean. Then again anything is better than Buffalo in winter.Never forgot seeing the falls frozen one year!( on a picture,but of course) Thats cold! And cheers to you too! Stay warm! VIN :-sun1