Sign in to follow this  
Philhen

Authentication of 737 NGX

Hi to all fliers of PMDG, PMDG Staff, and anyone else who knows anyuthing about this program.

First of all, due to lack of funds, I purchased a PMDG 737 NGX from a seller at Muttley's Hanger - he used to have FSX but recently went over to P3D and so he has no further use for the program.

Having bought the program from him, I read to my horror in the EULA that persons who have previously bought a PMDG program are not allowed to sell it onwards without the express permission of PMDG (how they get in touch with them, heaven alone knows!)  The same condition, I read, applies to a buyer because you need an Authentication Number, presumably given to the first buyer when he buys the program from PMDG or one of their outlets when you install the program on your machine.

My seller bought the program so long ago that he has lost the authentication number, but I still do have the Registration Key on the package that contains the DVD. Yet, I cannot install because I do not have the Authentication Number.

CAN ANYONE WHO HAS CONTACT WITH PMDG OR WHO KNOWS WHAT I SHOULD DO NEXT TELL THEM I AM VERY SORRY ABOUT BUYING ONE OF THEIR PRODUCTS WITHOUT FIRST TELLING THEM, AND THEN ASK THEM IF THEY WOULD VERY KINDLY SENT ME AN AUTHENTICATION NUMBER, SO THAT i CAN INSTALL THE PROGRAM AND REGISTER IT WITH THEM IN THE USUAL WAY.

Many thanks to anyone who can help.  Is this the normal way of buying PMDG programs - for such a progressive Company, it does seem very strange.  Surely there must be a better way?

Philhen.

I read to my horror in the EULA that persons who have previously bought a PMDG program are not allowed to sell it onwards without the express permission of PMDG (how they get in touch with them, heaven alone knows!)  The same condition, I read, applies to a buyer because you need an Authentication Number, presumably given to the first buyer when he buys the program from PMDG or one of their outlets when you install the program on your machine.

Correct.

(how they get in touch with them, heaven alone knows!)

Right at the top of our website there's a link for "support." Googling "PMDG support" also puts our support site as the first link.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi, Kyle and Scandinavian 13,

Thanks very much for taking the time and trouble to reply to my desperate query.  As it happens, from the installation that did not complete due to the Authentication business, I uninstalled it the correct way and re-installed it , and after entering the Serial number from the box, it actually worked and accepted my registration.  I have no idea why it worked on this occasion and not on the previous one, but since it all turned out okay, I am very pleased.  Now all I have to do is wade through two tutorials and when I have managed that, I should mbe in a position to fly somewhere.

Thanks again to both of you.  I have to say that everyone on this site is most helpful.

Regards to all,

Philhen

I have no idea why it worked on this occasion and not on the previous one, but since it all turned out okay, I am very pleased.  Now all I have to do is wade through two tutorials and when I have managed that, I should mbe in a position to fly somewhere.

Glad to hear it. Enjoy!

Kyle Rodgers