Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

Suggested p3d v3.4.9 scenery settings

Hey guys what would be your suggested settings of scenery complexity,autogen trees and autogen building density on my pc specs

I7 4790k 4.4ghz

Asus vi extreme mobo

2x evga gtx titan sc in sli

2x8gb 16gb ram 1600

H110 water cooler

Corsair 850w psu

2xssd 250gb

1 for p3d and 1 for os

Addons

Ftx global

Ftx global ultimate mesh

As16

Rex

And a few airport addons

Am=84

30hz

Can i set it at extreme?

Cheer

Mike

Just set it wherever you want and see for yourself...

Be careful with traffic and shadow settings.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Just set it wherever you want and see for yourself...

I wanted to post just that. It's a bit (if not utterly and totally) useless to ask this on a forum. If you want to know if you can set them to extreme, well, heck, set them to extreme and see for yourself! If performance is great, yes, you can set them to extreme, if performance sucks, no, you cannot set them to extreme so try to lower things one or two notches. Giving it a try won't let your PC explode, you know... No one here can see if this is going to work or not: only you can.

2x evga gtx titan sc in sli

Your going to need another Titan to run Prepar3D,  Also pump it up to 5 ghz  :smile:  

Nice Machine 

Start off with Default settings only,  When you are happy that you have a stable set up (Prepar3D and Operating system),  Move your sliders up one by one to find and find a good balance of performance and visuals working together.  Look for smoothness over fps,  Experiment a little by locking your frames and so on to see what works best for your system.

And have fun,  don't spend all your time trying to achieve 1 or 2 more frames per second 

You might be able to set it at extreme, but beware the dreaded OOM. Not sure about others, but 3.4 is a memory drag with high sliders for me. Recommend you monitor your VAS, at least at first, to make sure you don't run too high.

Thanks for the reply guys

Did a 9hr flight with pmdg 777

With all set at very dense

Thou alot of building and scenery looks flat which sucks