Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

FTX Central 3 and Scenery Configurator Editor compatibel ?

Hi,

After i have installed FTX Central 3 i have som insertions conflicts.

I normally use Scenery Configurator Editor to organise and groupe my scenerys.

This is a great tool btw.

But i noticed that FTX Central 3 is not fully  compatibel.

Seems like The editor is just changing the layer number when you move around the scenerys and not physic placing them as such in the scenery.cfg

Any ideers or experience ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Yes, it is not that they are incompatible, but FTX Central tends to override some layering and scenery activations status set in Scenery Config Editor.....Anyway I am using them side by side with no issues, just with this caveat: set the insertion point of FTX entries in the scenery list via FTX Central. Than you can play around with activating or deactivating sceneries via Scenery Config Editor....bearing in mind that every time you run FTX Central it will reactivate anyway the FTX sceneries. But you don't need to open FTX Central so often, do you ? I mean I use Scenery Config Editor almost at every flight to keep activated only departure and destination airport, while I run FTX only when adding a new product or updating ORBX libraries...

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Yes, it is not that they are incompatible, but FTX Central tends to override some layering and scenery activations status set in Scenery Config Editor.....Anyway I am using them side by side with no issues, just with this caveat: set the insertion point of FTX entries in the scenery list via FTX Central. Than you can play around with activating or deactivating sceneries via Scenery Config Editor....bearing in mind that every time you run FTX Central it will reactivate anyway the FTX sceneries. But you don't need to open FTX Central so often, do you ? I mean I use Scenery Config Editor almost at every flight to keep activated only departure and destination airport, while I run FTX only when adding a new product or updating ORBX libraries...

Thanks,

And you are correct  - Its not that often i need to use FTX Central 3 so i just organise with the editor afterwards.

But thanks for the respons  :wink:  :smile:

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png