Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

DH or DA set in Radar Altimeter ?

Hi Folks,

Re: Lear 35A

I know where the button is to turn the Radar Altimeter on - but can you set DH or DA on it ?

Thanks,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Scott

The radar altimeter give the elevation over the surface. Then this is the decision height (DH)  :wink: 

• Upvote 1

si.php?id=1

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for the response... Yeah - got that... I was reading the AFM and part of the descent checklist was to set the DH or DA into the Radar Altimeter - I just assumed you would get a tone or verbal call out when DH or DA was reached... I didn't know if that was modeled...

Regards,
Scott

I just assumed you would get a tone or verbal call out when DH or DA was reached... I didn't know if that was modeled.

Yes we have a tone and a Yellow light illuminates when reaching the DH.  :smile:

Very useful in order to decide if we continue the landing or if  missed approach procedure (MAP) would apply

Pascal

si.php?id=1

Hi Folks,

Sorry - I still must be doing something wrong - what do I need to do to get the "DH" light on the Attitude Indicator to illuminate ???

Regards,
Scott

Hi Folks,

Sorry - I still must be doing something wrong - what do I need to do to get the "DH" light on the Attitude Indicator to illuminate ???

Regards,

Scott

Scott,

If the a/c is powered up and the RA power switch is on, I don't think there is anything else you need to do besides dialing in an altitude on the radar altimeter that is in front of the copilot. Does the test button on this RA work (the light on the RA unit itself should come on)?  BTW, I have never gotten a tone at DH, only the light on the attitude indicator.

Al

Hi Al,

Doh - gauge on copilot side - LOL - THAT's what I was missing - let me look...

Thanks !!!

Regards,

Scott

BTW, I have never gotten a tone at DH, only the light on the attitude indicator.

That's right, I was confusing with the ALT tone alert when reaching the DH or MDH  :wink:

si.php?id=1