Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Instrument Approaches

Just been playing around with LNM and am enjoying it. I've scanned the documentation but not read it thoroughly yet so if I missed this - sorry.

Is there now or will there be a way to auto add an approach to a plan, either when creating it or "on the fly" when you get the active runway?

Will there be a way to use custom maps? For example I have a custom map on Mapbox (www.mapbox.com). that I use by providing an unique key. Currently, PlanG allows for that selection.

Looks like a fun program once I get used to it's capabilities.

Thanx,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi Vic,

support for approaches is planned for one of the next releases.

I just add the waypoints of an approach manually to the route as a workaround.

Regarding Mapbox:

I tried that in a custom theme (https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap/help/en/index.html#h2customtheme),

But this will not work with version Little Navmap 1.0.5 since Mapbox forces SSL. Same problem with OpenTopoMap as mentioned in the sticky post.

The SSL problem is already fixed in the current development version.

I'll also try to add a template file for Mapbox to the next release.

Alex

Great Alex! I think the GTN750 integration will be a huge plus. Looking forward to playing with that when the time comes.

Also, I believe this can be done now but just checking - I have a system at work that has NO flightsim on it. If I install LNM and copy over the db from my flight system install at home, I should be able to at least do some flight planning, etc.  Is that correct?

Thanx,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Great Alex! I think the GTN750 integration will be a huge plus. Looking forward to playing with that when the time comes.

I wouldn't call it integration but I can save a flight plan in GFP format. Paul tested it and it seems to work fine (I have no GTN).

Also, I believe this can be done now but just checking - I have a system at work that has NO flightsim on it. If I install LNM and copy over the db from my flight system install at home, I should be able to at least do some flight planning, etc. Is that correct?

Absolutely. You can do that with the current version 1.0.5 already.

Alex

Hi Alex, thank you for your Little Navmap. It's a terrific program I use every day in every fly.
I have a problem with the latest version 1.8.3. OpenTopoMap does not work. I love this.
And this version can not be updated from your site. Error message: "Error while checking for updates at https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap-version". Error creating SSL context ().
I'm flying with Prepar3D v4.1 on iMAC 2010 with i7 3 GHz, 32 GB RAM 1TB SSD and HD 5750 VGA with 1GB of RAM. OS Windows 10 with the latest update.  Where could be the problem?

Thanks for your help

Greetings to Karoly from Slovak Republic

4 hours ago, oldboy1943 said:

penTopoMap does not work. I love this.
And this version can not be updated from your site.

Hi Karoly,

You should be able to download version 1.8.5 from here.  Just click on the OS version that you need.

Ernest Pergrem

I downloaded this last night and I'm impressed. I like the look and functionality and, critically, the speed.  One thing I'd like to know about or see is an option for favourite airports, so I can just view my 3rd party addons. I know this is there as a function, but if an Orbx region is installed, it sees every airport in the region as an add-on. I'd like to be able to drill down to those airports where I've installed a specific add-on (or freeware) for that airport. Is this possible?

11 hours ago, Holdit said:

but if an Orbx region is installed, it sees every airport in the region as an add-on.

Sorry I'm not sitting at my flight sim computer, but in the options dialog you can exclude files or directories from being scanned when building the database or if scanned, not have them show as an add-on airport.  The second options is what you're likely looking for.

Ernest Pergrem