Sign in to follow this  
aatd

Clean FSX (boxed) Install Question

I am doing a clean install of FSX / Acceleration, ORBX Global and NA (then possibly vector) on a Win 7 pc dedicated to flight sim use. I'm admittedly not terribly tech savvy so excuse my questions in advance.

The setup includes a large suite of Saitek controls and instruments. My questions are:

1) (FSUIPC versus. SPAD): Is one better -- easier to use; and more stable -- than the other? Is it necessary to install both?;

2) (Saitek device drivers): Is it necessary to install the related Saitek drivers if I am using FSUIPC or SPAD?;

3) (Install Sequence): If using either FSUIPC or SPAD, should I install it before or after the FSX install -- does it matter? Also, Should I install it/them before or after the Saitek device(s) install? And;

4) (Operation / Use Startup): If using FSUIPC or SPAD, do I launch it before launching FSX?

Thanks all,

Brian.

1.  Never used SPAD but FSUIPC does the job.  Personally I use neither.

2.  I didn't need to install any drivers for my Saitek yoke, throttle or pedals in Windows 7

3. Whatever order you like, it makes no difference, though personally I would install FSX first, FSUIPC second (if you think you need it) and Saitek should be recognised by your OS (use the drivers on the disk only if you need to).

4.  I can't remember as it's a while since I used FSUIPC.  My recollection is that it is an FSX module and starts automatically with FSX.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)