Sign in to follow this  
kolaf

PRO addition: where is the flight director?

After upgrading from the pilot addition to the pro edition I'm having trouble getting the aircraft set up for takeoff. I get a takeoff warning which I cannot determine the cause of (all lights out, anti-skid on, flaps five, spoilers flight, everything else I have forgotten?).

When taking off I press the toga switch and GA appears as the vertical mode. I also pressed heading select for the natural mode. According to the documentation the flight directors should appear after pressing the toga switch. However, they do not. I assume I am doing something wrong, but I never had this issue with the pilot addition. Presumably something is set up differently from the start which I have not put into my flow. Do you have any tips?

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

After upgrading from the pilot addition to the pro edition I'm having trouble getting the aircraft set up for takeoff. I get a takeoff warning which I cannot determine the cause of (all lights out, anti-skid on, flaps five, spoilers flight, everything else I have forgotten?).

i had this in a textfile i got it from one of their forum threads about the topic

any of these conditions will cause the warning:

"1) Elevator trim not indicating in white arc

2) Parking Brake-ON

3) Condition Levers not at MAX

4) Flaps not set for takeoff (5º of 15º)

5) Any spoiler panel not retracted"

maybe check the calibration on your axis if you use a controller for the spoilers..

i'm a little rusty on the q400 so i don't think i can answer your other question...do the bars appear once you reach speed or do they never appear? maybe whatever is causing the t/o warning is also preventing them from appearing...

good luck

cheers

-andy crosby

You might be on to something. I seem to recall mapping a throttle axis to the spoiler in FSUIPC in the hopes of using it as the tiller. Maybe that is the culprit. Will check after work.

Thanks ☺️

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

I get a takeoff warning (all lights out, anti-skid on, flaps five, spoilers flight, everything else I have forgotten?)

Condition levers flight (full forward 1020 rpm) and elevator trim in takeoff range.

Other things to check (won't affect the alarm I don't think though) control lock off, parking brake off, autofeather armed, aux fuel pumps on, hydraulic standby pump and PTU control on.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Condition levers flight (full forward 1020 rpm), elevator trim in takeoff range, control lock off, parking brake off.

Yes, all those parameters were correct. I'm still betting it has something to do with the spoiler since this is something I changed from the PILOT installation.

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

Seems most likely, you could try using the 125 Hz control setup that bypasses FSX and FS UIPC?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I have removed my spoiler axis  mapping and rechecked everything related to takeoff warning and cockpit configuration. The takeoff warning was caused by the spoilers being up while taxing when the flight/taxi switch was in flight. Switching it off (to taxi) removed the warning. I noticed that the spoilers go down when in flights mode when giving takeoff power which seems reasonable.

Still I get no flight director. Can someone please remind me when it should appear? Should I see it while taxing, or does it appear during the takeoff roll? Could the perhaps be some kind of configuration I have messed up? I do not see the flight director on the HUD either.

I'm certainly feeling embarrassed and wondering if everything was caused by not setting the target altitude...

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen