I just installed Active Sky 2016 after using the trial version a few weeks ago. But whenever I use it, my audio cuts out for 2-5 seconds with a crackling noise. It cuts my entire systems audio instead of only P3D's. It was happening when I had the trial version but when my trial ended and I just used the regular weather that came with P3D, the problem went away. Now that I installed the full version of AS16, the problem persists. I don't know if it's a CFG file error or something else but I am very puzzled by it.

I am running the latest version of P3D with a few other add ons (PMDG 737, 737 immersion, precipitfx, IRIS A-10, and some textures add ons I installed separately).

PC specs:

5820K overclocked to 4.5GHz

2x GTX 970s (latest drivers)

16 gigs DDR4

Any help is very appreciated!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You might also open a support ticket at support.hifitechinc.com .

Vic

• Upvote 1

Hi,

i had the same problem with Active Sky Next. I could visualise it with the tool "latency checker" http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml

It was caused by the antivirus software Norton. If i remember correctly even disabling Norton did not help, i had to completely uninstall it. My solution was to change my antivirus software.

Hope this helps

• Upvote 1