Sign in to follow this  
tasev1

X-Plane 11, and the future of FS

So, with the upcoming release of X-Plane 11 and Dovetail's offering following 'Flight School', not to mention the anticipated possibilities with P3D v4+,  it has me and many other people excited for the future of flight simulation.  Finally, a future we can dream of: 64-bit support, improved graphics card usage, CPU optimizations, etc...

The question really stands now, which publishers will take the industry by storm and produce the finest add-ons for the finest sims?  Right now, P3D is (unofficially, thanks to license) the finest we can get our hands on.  But with the promise of X-Plane 11 being released very soon, it is currently the only sim I could take seriously as being a serious contender against P3D.  And what it seems to have is the best of both worlds: A perfect blend of FSX and XP features that might make it the current time's perfect sim.

I know that anybody in their right mind would wait a bit to see what comes of it, but I truly hope that PMDG would seriously consider producing their products for the new platforms beyond P3D, with special attention to XP11 (FSX is dead I say!).  If PMDG and A2A or Carenado were to announce projects for XP11 - I would jump on board WITHOUT hesitation!

I vote one up for B737XP!!!

• Upvote 1

Aleksandar Djordjevic

WAT528.png

Carenado and PMDG have ADDONS XPX-10, so I'm sure they will be porting their ADDONS to XPX-11 !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Carenado and PMDG have ADDONS XPX-10, so I'm sure they will be porting their ADDONS to XPX-11 !

Unnoticeably few, and not common.  PMDG has what, one? The one I don't even have for FSX.

Aleksandar Djordjevic

WAT528.png

Unnoticeably few, and not common.  PMDG has what, one? The one I don't even have for FSX.

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php

I count 20, pretty common aircraft. As for PMDG yes its the DC-6 which is not available in FSX yet, the others are coming. This has been stated pretty often by PMDG. Plus the stuff that already exist in X-Plane such as the amazing IXEG and the LES Saab 340 which many FSX users do not know about because these are dedicated X-Plane products.

My advice, get the X-Plane 11 demo and try for yourself, no cost, no obligation and no need to wait.

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography