Sign in to follow this  
fs1

DXFixer v3.1 Problem

I have bought and installed DXFixer 3.1. Working in FSXA, Win 10 64.

When fixer installed, FSXA works fine.When I uninstall it via the DX Controller, D3D10 does not work - FSXA is broken when loaded with D3D10 option with the DXFixer uninstalled via the DX Controller (however it works with D3D9).

It loads the sim until 100% progress bar is reached, and then it freezes (does not start the simulation). The weird part is that there is no Shader10 Folder in the Local Folder, so this means that while the sim loads no shaders are compiled.

Any clues?

Thanks

UPDATE: I also uninstalled DXFixer from the Control Panel and problems persists. FSXA D3D10 is broken.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I confess to being confused.

Did you actually mean to say that everything works in dx10 if the fixer is installed?

It would seem more likely that dx10 preview is not working on your system, and wasn't working before you installed the fixer. Do you have two video cards in your PC perhaps?

I confess to being confused.

Did you actually mean to say that everything works in dx10 if the fixer is installed?

It would seem more likely that dx10 preview is not working on your system, and wasn't working before you installed the fixer. Do you have two video cards in your PC perhaps?

Yes, if dx10 is installed FSXA D3D10 works fine.

If unistalled, FSXA D3D10 does not. It used to work before.

D3D9 mode works fine regardless.

The fixer doesn't change anything in your fsx other than a couple of texture files and that it restores them when it's uninstalled.

I would guess that your dx10 shaders have been changed at some time in the past, so they don't compile (so probably a header file). However you still had compiled versions that were OK in your cache. When you installed the fixer it deleted the shader cache but then corrected the error when compiling shaders.

When you uninstalled it you went back to the original shaders with the issue and the fixer deleted the cache of its shaders.

I would suggest that you find a copy of the original shader sources.

I solved this by deleting all Roaming FSX files (cfg, xml, etc.).

Thanks!