Sign in to follow this  
Guest joea

Flightsimulator captains...

I have been everywhere last year, and not flightsimming, but something has to go from my hearth, (now hen I am back to business) is that at most flightsim forums people behave nicely, friendly, helpfull and patiently.On other "game" (I cant and will never call Flightsim a game!, it s sim) forums you often see trolls, persons who think they invented the game, those who know it all, and so on.In our world the captains who simulate a flight are all like a real airline captain, a person of guidance, relaxed, helpfull and euh.. like a captain.The exeptions rapidly fade away. :-)There is a special bond between us, hard to explain, but we approach each other like captains, and the real ones, even get a greater reception.Is it mutual respect of because we understand each others hobbies, or we know everyone involved is a "captain" ?Its like, I am fond of the 747, and might get respect like a big iron flyer, and my respect goes to an A320 buff since I cant know it all, and he thinks the same?What are your thought on this, and have you noticed it too?Johan[A HREF=http://jdserver.no-ip.com]Personal Server[/A]or..http://62.238.33.10

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Johan, You noticed that also? I have praised AVSIM and its members several times for not having the same problems other groups have. Political, religious, and personal issues just don't seem important enough for us to go public with them and argue about them. It's not just AVSIM though. The majority of sim pilots and real world pilots are uncommonly friendly and always willing to help. Why? I believe pilots in general, are just a more learned and, if I can brag a little, more intelligent group due to the training and education they must undergo and their ability to succeed in that training. Acquiring that much knowledge seems to both humble a person and instill a lot of confidence in one's self. The willingness to help? Well, that's just a bit of our egos showing off our superior intellect. Hehehe. Kidding a bit there. In essence, we have better things to do than indulge in conflict.Glenn"If God would have wanted man to fly He would have given him more money"

JohanWe are all aviation enthusiasts and can all bring our own areas of expertise to these forums.Some of us are real world pilots from people taining to be pilots right up to 747 captains.Some of us are computer experts or follow trades where that trade can bring benefits to this community.What i am really trying to say is that it doesnt matter what we are or what we do. We all have something to give.One point I would like to make especially running up to Christmas is that life is full of problems. People loose loved ones, become ill or suffer hardships.Whenever there is such a posting the level of support reminds you that there are real people behind these internet names with real feelings and real concerns for others.Take carePeterhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/100132.jpg

We certainly have our trolls, but when you compare these forums to, say, PPRUNE....well, we certainly ARE civil. :)

Yes I've been absent for a long stretch myself, and it's a real pleasure to see some old names still around. I agree 100% about other game forums, though I will be a bit more exact and say not civil flight sim. I have visited a few military flight sim forums that are less than civil, but then am reminded of Kubrick's classic "Dr. Strangelove" "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here this is the War Room":o Anyway, good to see some good discussion about planes, aviation. Peter, very ncie sentiments coming from you, and as I am facing a Xmas away from home (a Canadian student overseas)...appreciate the importance of the holidays.