Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Steinmetz

Missing STAR and a Question

Two questions:

1) I use Navigraph and I understand they are not yet compatible w/ P2A so this may be the answer to my first question, but when I plan a flight in PFPX and input into P2A the STAR that PFPX used (WIGLE2) is not an option in P2A.  Is that due to old data in P2A?  Note - for those in a 'holding pattern' w/ Navigraph here's a link to the thread that gets you up to speed on where they are at - bottom line, could be a few weeks - could be a year....https://www.navigraph.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3440&start=30

2) Is it necessary to load the STAR into the PTA flight plan for ATC to give it as an option?  If no, what is the purpose of preloading the STAR/SID.

Thank you!!

Chuck

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Chuck,

Thanks for the update on Navigraph link.

To answer your questions:

1) Yes, I suspect you are right.  Assuming PFPX is using the latest AIRAC Cycle, then if you have not updated P2A to the same level, then there will be a few discrepancies in the procedure available.  To get around this issue, select a STAR or other procedure that exists in both databases.

2) If you want to use a particular runway or STAR/SID, then preloading into the flight plan is one way to do it.  Just check the "Force Pilot Runway Selection" option in cofig and pre-load the procedures.  Otherwise, what a lot of users do, is check the options that let ATC assign procedures and just put in the Departure and Destination airports along with any waypoints or airways you want to plan and P2A will assign the appropriate SID/STAR/Approaches.

Regards,

Dave