Sign in to follow this  
ckd76915

FSX/P3D Stutter with Win10

Hi Guys,

i've set up a new System with i7 4790K @ 4.5 Mhz, 16GB Mem and a GTX 980 TI and WIN10 OS.

This i will not call a "Low End System" :wink: but .... after fresh Install of MS FSX i got terrible Stutter even with the default planes :Devil::fool: .

As i dont want to tweak in a first step i've locked my firewall and my online virus scan to deny any access accept i give my permission.

I've found several process which want access but did not affect the performance. But then i found one process

windows\system32\installagentuserbroker.exe

which was doing a lot of disk access und internet access in the background and that caused my stutter. After disabling that my fsx is running beautiful smooth even in dense areas with the FSlabs Airbus.

This darn thing is part of the MS App Store of Win10 (even with the app services set to manual).

So, if you encounter Stutters with Win10 just get a close look wat is going on behind the scene. With Win10 MS invented a lot of background Apps like Cortana and the App Store and ....

Hope this will help others not to pull their hair out :P

Chris

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nice system!

Before I stepped into technical project/program management, I was a computer engineer.  I have say with total confidence that y our system is anything but a low end system.  In fact, my system is almost identical to yours.  The 4700 series processor is still of the very best for running FSX/P3D (or most anything else).  Upgrading to the latest processor would cost a lot more, but would not provide any noticeable benefits. In fact, if I were looking to build another computer right now, my choice would be to use the 4790K over other available processors as the cost benefit clearly lands smack on the 4790K.

The graphics card is terrific as well, I'd only consider upgrading if I were to move to VR.  I have a GTX960 pushing a 55 inch 4K at 3840x2160 and x3 23 inch 1920x1080 monitors without the hint of any performance issues.

Dave%27s%204th%20Monitor%20Added%20Back.