Sign in to follow this  
N1125Y

to X-Plan or not to X-Plan

....okay guys .. first and for most I would like to tnx all of your for you comments, and to to wish all the Simmers community happy Sim years.

Now. I took the advantage of X-Plane 11 demo & installed it on my secondary SSD drive next to FSX-SE (not sure if it is wise, and If I'm not getting my self in trouble here, but I did it)  

First impression:

• Setting up, understanding and dealing with new terminology & phraseology, well, overall, it seems like less intuitive than FSX
  • Learning curve will be somehow steep, if I may say so (Not as many tutorials on youtube as for FSX)
  • Installing configuring & tweaking all my HW (GoFlight, VRInsight, Saiteks Etc, ) seems like way more complicated than FSX .

Initial conclusion:

It is ,definitely, not Buy & Fly

Since $$$ with the Demo Beta version is not an issue, & I can still run FSX-SE,  & will take my time to investigate if XP can serve the purpose, or I Should stick with FSX, or start practicing knitting at the local Senior Citizen Club (I'm GA guy flying low and slow in SoCal with live ATC) 

Cheers

Yair  

It's quite interesting to see that. I started with xp10 before i got FSX:Steam on sale and for me it was exactly the other way around.  xp10 took a little bit to learn (probably because i was free of any previous knowledge) and struggled alot more with setting up FSX:Steam

It's quite interesting to see that. I started with xp10 before i got FSX:Steam on sale and for me it was exactly the other way around.  xp10 took a little bit to learn (probably because i was free of any previous knowledge) and struggled alot more with setting up FSX:Steam

Indeed :dance: . The way FSX (or P3D) are setted up is not god given :Devil: :Devil: . It's only "easy" * because one is used to it for years und then everything different is "hard".

* Often it is even very clunky, but as one knows how to handle it, no one thinks about it.

Are some french people here? I have a french friend, and I told her that figures in French are sometimes strange ... for example: 97. In English we say "ninetyseven" (=90+7), in German and many other languages it is similar. In French it is "quatre-vingt-dix-sept" (=4x20+10+7). She thought about it and said: "Actually ... you are right. I have never seen it this way", as she was so used to it, without having to think about it.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

"quatre-vingt-dix-sept" (=4x20+10+7). She thought about it and said: "Actually ... you are right. I have never seen it this way", as she was so used to it, without having to think about it.

In french you can also say nonante-sept (=90+7). But this is more used in Belgium than in France. :wink:

Fact is, with every simulator you'll have something to learn first. But this should be part of the fun, and as a virtual pilot, knowing your software is very important to enjoy your flight.

Just finished a new build and have decided to move to X-Plane 11.  I had been using P3dv3 and I found myself endlessly tweaking and less flying.  I'd rather fly than tweak, so I hope X-Plane can fill the bill.

• Upvote 1

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Just finished a new build and have decided to move to X-Plane 11.  I had been using P3dv3 and I found myself endlessly tweaking and less flying.  I'd rather fly than tweak, so I hope X-Plane can fill the bill.

... +1 ..... hope XP will give us more chance to fly, I spent way to much time on tweaking and getting into those tech areas which consume to much time & affords, sad to say, but I think FSX goes nowhere, & waiting for LM to come with new Simulator, well, life is to short, and I'm not getting younger either   ... LOL        

Indeed :dance: . The way FSX (or P3D) are setted up is not god given :Devil: :Devil: . It's only "easy" * because one is used to it for years und then everything different is "hard".

* Often it is even very clunky, but as one knows how to handle it, no one thinks about it.

Are some french people here? I have a french friend, and I told her that figures in French are sometimes strange ... for example: 97. In English we say "ninetyseven" (=90+7), in German and many other languages it is similar. In French it is "quatre-vingt-dix-sept" (=4x20+10+7). She thought about it and said: "Actually ... you are right. I have never seen it this way", as she was so used to it, without having to think about it.

..... and this is exactly way I quit my French class ..... :P    

In french you can also say nonante-sept (=90+7). But this is more used in Belgium than in France. :wink:

Fact is, with every simulator you'll have something to learn first. But this should be part of the fun, and as a virtual pilot, knowing your software is very important to enjoy your flight.

Oh ... not only for flight sims you have to learn something, but also for langauges - so I learned something new here :good:  (at school, I learned french French). There also differences between e.g. german German, austrian German and swiss German - and certainly between dutch Dutch and belgian Dutch, and british English and american Englisch .... and ... and ... and ...

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...