Sign in to follow this  
Flic1

Sun disappears using ASCA after latest P3D hotfix

Hi - I posted this also on the Hifi boards but I have updated to the latest P3D hotfix and also have all the latest builds of AS16/ASCA.  I even uninstalled/reinstalled ASCA this morning just to make sure!  The problem is that when the WX and textures are injected into P3D, my sun disappears.  I have made sure there are no visibility or clouds that might be obstructing it.  I have run time preview and slewed to high altitudes and no sun can be found!  I was using ENVTEX but I restored my original textures and the issue still exists.  It only happens when AS16/ASCA are running.  Thanks for any help!

Eric

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Gauthier - I sent you a PM but for others that have this issue, here is how to fix it:

HiFi changed the way they use volumetric fog in the latest version and appears to cause this issue although they have not really said there is a problem. It's definitely caused by multiple visibility layers using the volumetric fog. One way is to disable volumetric fog in P3D and then use a max upper visibility of 100 miles in AS16.  If you would like to keep using volumetric fog (which I do in fact use), bump your max upper visibility setting to 200 miles in AS16.  This will use only one visibility layer and so far has eliminated the problem of disappearing sunsets and clouds! Anything under 200 miles with volumetric fog on will create multiple visibility layers and cause this issue.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

What a mess. Use 200nm upper viz or lose your sun or run lower setting and lose volumetric fog. They need to fix that.

Eric