Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Choosing an aircraft without using ChasePlane

Hi Keven:

Don't know if this has been answered before, but in case you don't want to use ChasePlane (for instance with the AS airbuses, that have their own preset views by default), how I can get rid of any influence of ChasePlane in all the camera views?. I tried it without opening ChasePlane with P3D and what I get is that default preset views of the AS airbuses have been changed by ChasePlane and zoomed differently, furthermore, no mouse zoom action can be done in some of the views.

Could you pls explain?.

Thanks, Ed

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Holding middle mouse (or binding a key) allows you to globally disable chaseplane.

This should stop it from having influence. You might want to check for conflicting key assignments between CP and FSX. 

Max

Holding middle mouse (or binding a key) allows you to globally disable chaseplane.

This should stop it from having influence. You might want to check for conflicting key assignments between CP and FSX. 

Max

Thanks for the advice, but it won't resolve the issues. Seems to me that ChasePlane modifies the camera config file or something similar once it's run with any aircraft, and those mods stay in even when CP is disabled. Let's see if the developers can suggest something.

Cheers, Ed

ChasePlane requires those configuration changes before the simulator is launched. We take your feedback but right now there is no way to exclude specific aircraft from the configuration.

Is there any reason why you would like to use the Airbus' default camera system instead of setting presets in ChasePlane?

Is there any reason why you would like to use the Airbus' default camera system instead of setting presets in ChasePlane?

Just a matter of user preference, since as you know the AS Airbuses have their own preset camera views that are indeed quite good.

Generally talking, I think it's very important that in future versions you add the possibility to exclude aircraft in case the user decides not to use ChasePlane. I don't think the users (or at least users like me) want to have any application attached to its sim in a way that results difficult or impossible to do simming without it, even if the app is so good as CP is.

Thanks for considering.

Cheers, Ed