Sign in to follow this  
myoung

No option to activate my key for the 777

I purchased the 777 almost 2 years ago, but recently had to reinstall windows and that messed up my installed programs and now after doing a clean uninstall and reinstall it just installs, there is no option to activate it with my purchased key. I downloaded the base and expansion files from the order page and did it again after finding it wasn't working, just in case it was somehow corrupted. When I go to select the 777 it tells me I need to activate my key first and closes FSX if I click OK. I have installed both the 777 base package and the 300ER expansion. I checked the PMDG operations center incase I was missing something, but there's nothing there about activating it. I'm stumped at this point.

Mike Young

I'm stumped at this point.

What platform are you using? FSX, FSX-SE, or P3D?

FSX SE, I forgot to mention that. The 777 I bought is for FSX and I selected it to install for the steam edition

FSX SE, I forgot to mention that. The 777 I bought is for FSX and I selected it to install for the steam edition

Did you follow the instructions in the file right next to the installer that says "Steam Users Read This"?

Kyle Rodgers

Yes, I can't get the aircraft to even load into FSX because it requires me to activate my key, but I installed simconnect anyway. I'm using windows 7 64 bit.

Yes, I can't get the aircraft to even load into FSX because it requires me to activate my key, but I installed simconnect anyway. I'm using windows 7 64 bit.

If FSX is asking you to activate, then you need to activate FSX with your key for FSX...not the key for our product.

Kyle Rodgers

I fixed it by copying the simconnect.dll from the P3D roaming folder to the Microsoft/FSX roaming folder. Once I did that the box to activate finally popped up.

If FSX is asking you to activate, then you need to activate FSX with your key for FSX...not the key for our product.

I meant the aircraft needed me to activate my 777 key before I loaded into game, but the box to activate never popped up, even if I selected the base version first. I have FSX SE so I don't need to activate FSX. But I managed to fix my problem anyway.