Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Turbulence Tuning

Thanks a lot for the new tuning options!

Ground is still missing, but am I right you already changed something on the exponential decay of the ground turbulence? I feel the difference between low and high speeds is not as extreme as before.

Also the other turbulences feel even more realistic now. Feels like the motions are smoother.

But to further fine tune the smoothness of the motions, how about an inertia slider for the acceleration and the gyroscopic turbulences?

One thing I noticed regarding the zoom slider for the acceleration. I think it is inverted. I have to set a negative value to get the correct zooming out on acceleration and zooming in on braking.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks a lot for the new tuning options!

Ground is still missing, but am I right you already changed something on the exponential decay of the ground turbulence? I feel the difference between low and high speeds is not as extreme as before.

Also the other turbulences feel even more realistic now. Feels like the motions are smoother.

But to further fine tune the smoothness of the motions, how about an inertia slider for the acceleration and the gyroscopic turbulences?

One thing I noticed regarding the zoom slider for the acceleration. I think it is inverted. I have to set a negative value to get the correct zooming out on acceleration and zooming in on braking.

Keep up the great work!

We did tune the ground turbulence (not a lot but enough to make a difference)

it's not possible to control the inertia at this time but it's definitely on the list after v1

Indeed, we will reverse that!

Thanks

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

i think this may be the source of my issues with anticipation turbulence. i was scrolling between .02 and .1 or .2 and it was filling the green bar nearly to the top. i just now tried cranking it to 24 and it seems to zero things out. although i should mention that with 0.1.545 i see significantly less cockpit movement from this slider at either extreme, so it's a little difficult to do a direct comparison to how it was a few days ago..

cheers

-andy crosby

Keven,

Is this how the anticipation effect is suppose to behave?????

Check the link to the short video I did. Thanks

https://youtu.be/yHllGUYcQW0

No, it should not look like that.

What are the tuning options set at?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

For the above video I had the control movements tuning options to 0 the whole time.

After further testing I can say for the anticipation effect to have some sort of "normal" function, I need to have the overall anticipation setting to 30-38 and the control influences (all of them) to be around 2.50 - 2.90. Outside of these settings and it goes crazy.

Hope that makes sense.

Press the tune button below the slider and send me a screenshot. It will be easier for me to understand your tuning options

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I did it cant add url through the options here for some reason. had to manually type it.

http://imgur.com/9aNJBOG

Try moving those sliders to their default values.

Right-click or double-click on the slider knobs

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I'll try later on when I'm at home. If it does work normally in the default values only then it defeats the purpose of having options to tune them.

Try moving those sliders to their default values.

Right-click or double-click on the slider knobs

I moved the sliders to their default value and it behaved much better, however if I tweaked them a bit I would get the exaggerated behaviour.

Anyway other users don't appear to have this problem so it could be something I'm doing wrong.

I am not experiencing the same issues as you are but there is definitely something wrong with the sensibility of those sliders.

I will adjust that and publish an update

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42