Sign in to follow this  
PC Pilot Dave

Saitek pro flight elevator trim not very responsive

Hi all,

I have a Saitek Pro Flight Elevator Trim and I've noticed that when I use it in FSX:SE it is not very responsive - meaning that I have to turn the trim wheel numerous times to move the trim just a little bit in the aircraft (my best estimate is that ever 4-5 turns of the actual trim wheel translates into one actual turn in the FSX:SE aircraft.)

Do I need to increase the sensitivity and reduce the null zone in the Control settings to correct this? I'm going to test now but wanted to post my question here first in case there were other suggestions I hadn't thought of. 

As always, your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

You can certainly try that. Also be sure that it's plugged into a USB 2.0 port and you have power saving for all USB Hubs/Devices deactivated.

I've found the effectiveness of the trim wheel is different from aircraft to aircraft, and the pot inside is pretty poor quality as well.  Given that it doesn't work on a lot of the third party airliners I fly, and had problems running under Winwos 10, I elected to disabled it.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.